For Sohaila

I did a little digging for you, Sohaila, and I found six job ads for positions in public health at universities. You should look at all of them, but especially these:

The school of Public Health at the University of Alabama at Birmingham is offering several tenure-track positions.

Here's a job not as a professor, but it's still worth looking at just for the criteria they're setting forth.

Oh, and here's another good one. Looks like they really want applicants to have lab research experience.

Posted by ratli008 at 9:41 PM

On Structuring Research Reports

I'm going to be showing this site in class this evening; if you get a chance, look at it before class. It provides a good overview of the ways various kinds of reports are structured.

Posted by ratli008 at 3:21 PM

For Abhijit

Saw this article and thought of Abhijit's project.

Posted by ratli008 at 8:50 AM

For Paxton

Thought of Paxton's project when I saw this article on accessibility. It's worth a gander for any of you who are interested in web design.

Posted by ratli008 at 12:38 PM

Exciting preliminary research!

The trip to the library yesterday got me to start looking for information for the final project a lot earlier than I usually would. I've used the library system's website extensively to look for sources in other classes and have always been pleased with the amount of information that it offers. I never thought, however, to look too deeply into the index listings. I mainly checked LexisNexis because it was very complete and had sufficient info about the generally bland topics I was researching. Now that I'm writing a more involved treatise on my major -- graphic design -- I decided to see if there were indexes with information specific to my field. Lo and behold, there were!I guess I just never saw the "More Specific Subject Listings" category before. I guess you really do learn something new every day. I would recommend this resource to those of you who might be looking for scholarly sources because it makes it easier to find stuff about topics that are somewhat obscure or specialized.

Posted by mill1621 at 6:50 PM

Testing out UThink and Find It! Option

Testing out the "Post this citation to your blog on UThink" option on Find it! enabled indexes. I love this thing!

I am the man! Performing gender and other incongruities

Author: Sennett Jay J
From: Journal of homosexuality
Date: 2003
Volume: 43
Issue: 3/4
ISSN: 0091-8369
Pages: 39-47

Posted by ratli008 at 7:31 PM