Chaos in Egypt's politics

Political uncertainty arose as both candidates claimed victory over the Sunday's presidential election. Meanwhile, the military rulers gained more power before the results are announced, reported Al Jazeera.

The Muslim Brotherhood's Mohammed Morsy declared himself as the winner on Monday. Ahmed Shafik, the last prime minister of Mubarak's era, claimed he won the election, reported Reuters.

Mohamed Mahmoud, an unemployed 28-year-old, voted for Morsy, said "I don't want an Islamic state or a new Mubarak state."

Al Jazeera reported that the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces issued a decree increased its power to draft a new constitution, and control the budget and the legislative process until a new parliment is elected.

The new president will need "the approval of the military council" to declare war, Al Jazeera reported.

The decree was "null and unconstitutional, " said the Brotherhood on Twitter, reported Al Jazeera.

Anthony:

I'm glad to see you working on the news blog. I would like you to sit with me after class so we can mae a few corrections to the grammar on some of the items. It will take us just a few minutes. G.G.