Headshot3.jpg

John Denney, a former Minnesota state wrestler, has been officially endorsed as the Independence Party of Minnesota candidate in the Sixth Congressional District.

John grew up in Forest Lake Minnesota before heading to Saint Cloud State University in 2006 to pursue a B.A. in Philosophy. He is currently attending William Mitchell College of Law and is expecting his Juris Doctorate in 2015.

Corruption in Congress

The people who preside within congress gain their funding and power from very powerful corporate sponsored special interest groups. In turn, many of our country's deep rooted problems come from these wealthy corporations having untold powers thanks to the elected officials they are able to push into power. So long as these lobbying efforts continue to have a positive cost-benefit analysis, nothing will change on this front.

Also read up on John's views regarding income inequality, lack of constitutional rights in the United States, taking care of our veterans, re-purposing federal funding to law enforcement, making a real effort to protect nature and the wildlife within it, and improving our flawed education system.

New York janitor attacked while shoveling

Edward Maldonado, 43, was slashed with a knife across his face while shoveling snow outside Public School 102 on E. 113th St. in East Harlem.

Brandon Senquiz, 18, was arrested Monday and charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/cops-bust-suspect-sought-slashing-janitor-article-1.1601302

OSHA regulations from 2013 to 2014

As usual everyone wants to know what is on OSHA's mind going into the new year. 2014 is just like other years for them - make the work-place safer and ensure that companies are following suit.

• Silica standard change to lower the permissible exposure limit from 100 micrograms per cubic meter to 50 micro grams per cubic meter.
  • Define limits regarding confined spaces in construction setting
  • Requirements related to enhancing the injury and illness recording and reporting.
  • Walking and working surfaces; preventing slips, trips and falling.
  • Operator certification of crane and derrick
  • Employer's responsibility to keep accurate, up-to-date records of illnesses and injuries
  • Exposure to Beryllium

Safety Signs on the mat at school

It is important to be aware of what could happen on the mat while you are in the middle of a match with your opponent.

Mats are cleaned regularly but at the same time get slippery in the heat of a battle. This is why you may see foot and leg injuries in wrestling.

Practice safety by maintaining control of your body and utilizing leverage to give yourself the upper hand. Agility is important too but you cannot be out of control; it could get you beat and / or injured.

Meet went well

Everyone wrestled hard over the weekend. We beat Carleton and they have lots of good competitors, proud of the team. Going to train hard throughout the week and do lots of running once my new wrestling shoes come and it warms up to get my cardio back up to speed. We do need to find some deals on safety supplies so we can start cleaning our mats and locker room better.

For now, we head up north to do some ice fishing. Great way to relax and build a bond with your teammates. Some of these guys can catch walleyes like you would never believe. I'm still learning. Hoping they can teach me and maybe I'll tag along during one of the 2014 Minnesota bass tournaments.

New Custom Made Entrance Mat for the team

eagles-athletics.JPG

Always good to be in the middle of wrestling season and get a treat for the school.

It's winter and stuff gets messy. Our old cheap entrance matting was generic and wasn't thick enough to absorb the wintry mix that came in the doors for longer than an hour without getting water-logged. We also wanted entrance matting with a logo so we could put our team logo on there. Now we are ready to greet our guests on Saturday for the match.

Thanks to our St. Paul supply company friends for the great look.

Resources

Intermat JJ Classic 2013

The Intermat JJ Classic is a great wrestling event not just because it brings some of the best midwest high school wrestling to one place. But also it is a great cause as it was created for the late Justin JJ Kukowski, an athlete who died from brain cancer in 2007.

If you weren't fortunate enough to watch it live, you can tell by looking at the 2013 Intermat JJ Classic Tournament Results that it was quite an event. It took place in Rochester, MN at the UCR Regional Sports Center. The top high school wrestlers from Minnesota, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, etc converged to put on a show.

Intermat JJ Classic 2013 wrestling tournament brackets

100 pounds 1st place Justin Portillo
106 pounds 1st place Tucker Sjomeling
113 pounds 1st place Noah Hellickson
120 pounds 1st place Kyle Akins
126 pounds 1st place Tommy Thorn
132 pounds 1st place PJ Klee
138 pounds 1st place Ben Brancale
145 pounds 1st place Matthew Rundell
152 pounds 1st place Owen Webster
160 pounds 1st place Dayton Racer
170 pounds 1st place Mark Hall
182 pounds 1st place Bobby Steveson
195 pounds 1st place Nicholas Pegelow
220 pounds 1st place Nathan Rose
285 pounds 1st place George Weege

How bout those Gophs

Funny to think after the first two Big Ten games in which they were beat handily, that they would come out of it like they have.

Now maybe the question is which bowl game will get they? No Motor City Music Bowl this year (or whatever it's called). Still a lot to do yet, with a tough game against Wisconsin ahead.

Color me impressed so far. Goph fans have been waiting a long time for this.But try not to break the rivalry trophy next time :D

Minneapolis supply company

Foodservice Supplies in Minnesota

Safety Supplies

Wholesale Paper Products

Where to buy packaging supplies in Minnesota

Janitorial Maintenance Equipment

SSS Panther 20TD Scrubber

Custom Made Matting in Minneapolis

Jordan Burroughs Wrestling MMA

From Jordan Burroughs blog.

Jordan Burroughs has probably been asked this question a million times since many assume it is inevitable for wrestling stars to attempt MMA. But Burroughs gives some insightful analysis as to why he's kept his passion for wrestling despite the lure of riches in the MMA. Jordan Burroughs wrestles because not only is that where his passion lies but that is his specialty. Many MMA fighters have more varied, master-of-none but jack-of-all-trades type abilities.

More from Burroughs below on his decision to continue wrestling.

"I am a wrestler at heart, always have been and always will be. I began wrestling when I was five years old. I am 25. I have put 20 years into perfecting my craft. Wrestling is my passion. Why would I leave my domain to step into someone else's? MMA guys are more than welcome to strap on a pair of wrestling shoes and compete in the US Open, or next year's World Team Trials. I've had my ups and downs. Injuries. Losses. Wins. Times I've I wanted to quit. But at the end of the day, wrestling is my favorite sport in the world. I have made countless sacrifices and commitments to become the best in the world. Anyone who doesn't respect my decision to pursue wrestling and stay out of the cage, fine, I can live with that. I get to wake up every morning and do what I love, and be pretty darn good at it. I don't have anything to prove to anyone by stepping in the cage. If people still need to see me fight to prove how tough or athletic I am, I think they will always be doubtful of my ability, no matter what I accomplish. "

Time to pull the carrots, broccoli and onions

It was a pretty good growing season even though it started late (being that there was snow until late April). The broccoli did quite well. Green onions do good, still having trouble with bigger onions. Would be fun to have a year-round growing season but that's not going to happen in Minnesota :)

It was a good growing season though there is no denying that. I got a lot of my materials to create the garden from a St. Paul Supply Company. Now it's funny because I have to buy Morton Ice Melter salt from them to keep my dang drive way clean so my grandpa doesn't fall. And now that we're dealing with -15 degree weather, I am getting bailed out by the melt-up-to -25 degrees Morton Calcium Chloride Ice Melter. Thank goodness. Spring can't come fast enough.

Daylight Savings thru my Dorado Safety Goggles

bullhead-dorado-safety-glasses-red.png

Daylight savings is starting to get to me. 5 o clock hits and it's dark out, winter is here. Still enough time to get a run in though my shoes splashed in a few too many puddles

Looking forward to the e-books I have coming any minute now. Such a benefit to be able to do my reading anytime I want. I had been wrestling with the idea for a while but finally went through and did it.

Great college and NFL games on. The Northwestern Nebraska finish was insane. Then on Sunday there were close games with exciting finishes as well but then some guy named Nick Foles threw 7 TD's in three and a half quarters without even getting his jersey or Adidas shoes dirty. I forgot when did this become Arena League? I've been wrestling with the decision for a while but I may take a break from the NFL. Too many penalties even the referees can't get them right! They used to be an ancillary part of the game now they are talking about minute, stoppages all the time. Ruins the flow of the game and the players aren't deciding it anymore, particularly the defenders who don't have a chance.

Red Dorado Safety Goggles
Black Dorado Safety Goggles
Blue Lens Safety Goggles
Brown Safety Glasses
Dorado Gray Safety Glasses

Barracuda Clear Safety Glasses in black
Barracuda Anti-Fog Safety Glasses
Barracuda Smoke Safety Glasses
Yellow Barracuda Safety Glasses
Indoor Outdoor Safety Glasses
Matte Black Safety Glasses

Camouflage Javelin Safety Glasses
Javelin Silver Mirror Safety Glasses
Javelin Smoke Safety Glasses
Green Polarized Safety Glasses
Red Mirror Safety Glasses
Javelin Precision Lens Brown Glasses
Javelin Shiny Gray Safety Glasses

Kingfish Anti-Fog Glasses
Kingfish Reader Safety Glasses
1.5 Diopter Kingfish Reader Safety Goggles
Kingfish Reader 2.0 Diopter Safety Glasses
Blue Kingfish Polarized Safety Glasses
Kingfish Photochromic Safety Glasses
Kingfish Reader 1.0 Diopter Safety Glasses
Kingfish Reader Safety Glasses Smoke Frame
Kingfish Reader Safety Glasses 2.0 Diopter
Kingfish 2.5 Diopter Safety Glasses
Kingfish Black Anti-Fog Safety Glasses
Kingfish Safety Glasses with Silver Lens
Kingfish Crystal Brown Safety Glasses

Mako Black Antifog Safety Glasses
Mako Anti-Fog Smoke Safety Glasses
Mako Black Polarized Safety Glasses
Indoor Outdoor Matte Black Safety Glasses
Brown Mako Anti-Fog Precision Lens Safety Glasses

Marlin Precision Lens Camouflage Safety Glasses
Black Marlin Safety Glasses
Marlin Safety Glasses with Yellow Lens
Blue Marlin Precision Lens Safety Glasses
Marlin Safety Glasses Brown color
Marlin Gray Safety Glasses

Piranha Safety Glasses Clear Lens
Piranha Anti-Fog Safety Glasses
Piranha Indoor Outdoor Safety Glasses
Piranha Light Blue Safety Glasses
Red Black Safety Glasses from Piranha
Piranha Safety Glasses Smoke Black
Piranha Anti-Fog Safety Glasses
Brown Piranha Safety Glasses
Yellow Piranha safety glasses

Blue Kingfish Polarized Safety Glasses
Photochromic Kingfish Polarized Safety Glasses
Marlin Polarized Brown Safety Glasses
Green Javelin Polarized Safety Glasses
Stingray Polarized Safety Glasses

2012 Iowa HS

Want to get pumped up for the upcoming season?

Not many states get as jacked up over wrestling as Iowa.

I ran into one of their janitors while wrestling their squad. The guy wouldn't stop talking about their 1990 teams. Then he says thanks for the conversation and he has me carry out a 50 pound bag of Morton Ice Melter outside. At that point I'm wondering what I got myself into? Before I know it I'm ordering janitorial supplies in Minneapolis off the guy's computer for $12.15 an hour. Which was fine until the supplies ran out and then I had to start paying more for Morton heavy duty ice melt.

Flex Tip Outdoor Matting 24 by 32
FlexTip Entrance Matting 32 by 39
FlexTip Entrance Matting 36 x 72
SuperScrape Outdoor Entrance Matting 30 x 36
SuperScrape Entrance Matting 35 by 56
Super Scrape Outdoor Matting 34 x 116
Super Scrape Entrance Matting 45 x 69
SuperScrape Entrance Matting 43 inches by 93
SuperScrape Outdoor scraper mat 67 by 67
70 inches by 95 inches SuperScrape Entrance Matting
Safety Supply Blog February 2014 deals