What is Leadership?

I think that leadership cannot be defined by just one person because there are so many types of leaders and perspectives on what makes a good leader. Personally, I feel that leadership is the ability to help guide others while they grow and develop at their own pace and in their own direction. It is less about the leader and more about the people being led. Someone once told me, "It's not about us, but it's because of us." I think that that is a great way to view leadership. Anyone can stand in front of a room, talking for hours, and ordering people around, but, it takes a true leader to create a community that works together to accomplish complimentary goals. Another aspect of leadership that I find important is the ability to listen. Leaders should do less talking and more listening, because how are you going to lead anyone, if you don't know where they want to be led?