Week 8

Last Weeks Definition: My definition this week has not changed much since last week. I still firmly believe that leaders work the most effectively when striving to be the best leader they can be for their team and are constantly assessing how and why they are leading and that they have a clear understanding of their ever-changing ethical beliefs and analyse each decision from multiple ethical views. Expanding on my previous concept of evolving to meet team needs, leaders must also be aware of the current external environment and adapt their leadership style to meet the current business climate.

This week's definition: This week my definition has stayed the same in the sense that I feel the most successful leaders are always striving to be a better person, working towards what is best for the the team even if that means changing and adapting their leadership style and always defining and analyzing their ethical beliefs and adapting their styles to outside factors. However, I also think that it is important for leaders to remember to utilize all the strengths of each team member and be aware of the weaknesses. Leaders also should work toward becoming servant leaders and putting others before themselves.

Analysis of Differences: I really enjoyed the Barbuto & Wheeler reading which talked about servant leadership. This is something that I strongly believe should be more prevalent in today's world and is something that I am working toward myself. It is very important to be able to reach out to people in their time of need and to be empathetic of their situations. (Barbuto & Wheeler, 2007) According to the Astin & Astin article, teams and leaders have a very complex relationship where one compliments the other and each must be aware of the other's strengths and weaknesses. (Astin & Astin, 1996 p 4)

Your definitions need to be more definitions and less analysis.

Grade: 8 out of 10 possible
Clarity of the new definition: 1 point of 2 possible
Thoughtfulness of the analysis: 5 points of 6 possible
Grammar, spelling, and APA style: 2 points of 2 possible