Week 9

Last Week's definition: This week my definition has stayed the same in the sense that I feel the most successful leaders are always striving to be a better person, working towards what is best for the the team even if that means changing and adapting their leadership style and always defining and analyzing their ethical beliefs and adapting their styles to outside factors. However, I also think that it is important for leaders to remember to utilize all the strengths of each team member and be aware of the weaknesses. Leaders also should work toward becoming servant leaders and putting others before themselves.

This week's definition: This week I really related to the readings, however my definition of leadership did not change. I think that these readings were repetitive of previous reading concepts and I did not really have to alter my definitions.

Analysis of differences: I didn't have to change my definition this week because I think removing yourself occasionally from the situation and looking down from the 'balcony' (Heifetz,& Linsky, 2002, p 56) is essentially the same thing as being a servant leader. Looking from the balcony involves looking from a different perspective, something that servant leaders have to do frequently. Servant leaders must empathize with people in order to be the most effective leader possible and in order to do that they must take themselves, and their personal opinions, out of the situation and look at it through someone else's shoes.

See last week's comments.

Grade: 8 out of 10 possible
Clarity of the new definition: 1 point of 2 possible
Thoughtfulness of the analysis: 5 points of 6 possible
Grammar, spelling, and APA style: 2 points of 2 possible