Dreamers

What is the true meaning of a dream? Are our dreams meant to be something to be taken lightly or are they something to be thought of seriously? Dreams can mean all kinds of things and often times the meaning of a dream is not quite what you would expect. According to Frued, dreams are expressions of unconscious themes that are a large influence a person's life. Many times they are a symbolic significance to a situation the person is going through in real life. There can be both observable and hidden content in people's dreams. Different representations of a person's life situations can be portrayed in a dream in either of these ways depending on how subconscious the real life situation is as well as upon how much the person wants to admit to the situation. For an example a fear or developed hatred towards a sibling or a family member may be represented in a dream in a hidden form because it is a problem that the person does not want to admit to themselves. While something a person does everyday such as taking their beloved dog for a walk would be observable content. The reason that I began to consider the significance of dreams is because I have been having a reoccurring dream for many years of my house or the structure I was currently in being torn down by a huge storm. I still cannot fully understand the significance of this dream but it keeps coming back. This encouraged my blog topic for this week and here is an example of what my dream may be interpreted as according to dreammoods.com, Storm
To see a storm in your dream signifies some overwhelming struggle, shock, loss or catastrophe in your waking life. The storm also represents unexpressed fears or emotions, such as anger, rage, turmoil, etc. On a more positive note, the storm symbolizes your rising spirituality. I do not know how reputable this site is to be honest but it is the best I was able to find.

• Writing 3