The Number 2012 Will Destroy You.

My Final Project. Enjoy:

Life...... Word

My name is Brody Rennan and I am from Duluth, MN. I enjoy long walks on the beach, Jacuzzis, shrimp cocktail, white wine, and Emma Watson (Hermione). My turn-ons are broken glass; big, bassy jams; fine silk sheets; and people who work in fast food. My major turn-off is wet socks....... ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. I judge people based on how well they can parallel park and most of the time I feel like I am close to 100% right. I also aspire to memorize the entire narrative of Forrest Gump's childhood (in character). Feel free to interact with me, all my shots are current and I shower regularly. I like turtles.

Shake Junt.jpg

Weekly Pics (Kind of.)

So I left my camera in California over spring break and wasn't able to keep up on my weekly pics. So instead I checked out a camera and went on a long shoot. hope you like what you see!
IMGA0005.JPG
IMGA0004.JPG
IMGA0003.JPG
IMGA0006.JPG
IMGA0007.JPG
IMGA0008.JPG
IMGA0009.JPG
IMGA0011.JPG
IMGA0012.JPG
IMGA0013.JPG
IMGA0014.JPG
IMGA0015.JPG
IMGA0016.JPG
IMGA0017.JPG
IMGA0018.JPG
IMGA0019.JPG
IMGA0020.JPG
IMGA0021.JPG
IMGA0023.JPG
IMGA0024.JPG
IMGA0025.JPG
IMGA0026.JPG
IMGA0027.JPG
IMGA0028.JPG
IMGA0029.JPG
IMGA0030.JPG
IMGA0031.JPG
IMGA0032.JPG
IMGA0033.JPG
IMGA0034.JPG
IMGA0035.JPG
IMGA0036.JPG
IMGA0037.JPG
IMGA0038.JPG
IMGA0039.JPG
IMGA0040.JPG
IMGA0041.JPG

2nd Thesis Response in Place of BFA Show Response!

David Donavon
"This Deplorable Circumstance"
Site Specific Altered Event

I really love the whole creepy idea for this piece. The whole composition of the presentation in the Nash Gallery is real cool and kind of reminds me of a Resident Evil theme (favorite video game). To create this atmosphere, the artist had broken glass over framed instructions on how to participate in this art experience. There is an old wooden table kind of in the middle of the floor with an old desk lamp on it, shining on a creepy printed sign-up booklet. At the feet of the table, there are tons of burnt pages from the booklet and then a tv on the floor about five feet away, displaying creepy black and white, bad quality video of people participating in the psychological trip. What the piece is, is that the artist has a reserved space in some attic with sounds and other mind-altering mechanisms that are meant to test the durability of the human mind. This is a really creepy thing to play with, dealing with schizophrenia and other psychological diseases. I can't decide if the exhibit is actually real or not. They did a great job in creating the atmosphere and I kind of want to check out what the experiment is like, although I don't want this to affect how I actually think. So I probably won't. But I want to because it looks cool.

"Emoticons FTW" by Cat Pond

This piece from the BA Show is a series of two pictures: one of a couple embracing each other and presumably kissing, as shown by the :-* emoticon on each of their faces, the other is an image of a guy receiving fellatio from a half-naked girl as he has the :-) emoticon over his face (the girl's emoticon is not shown for obvious reasons). This piece really caught my eye because I think it is absolutely hilarious and also very bold. This might actually be one of my favorite art piece ever because it is sooooooo awesome (and I've been to the Louvre and the Tate Modern). The photos themselves are compsed very nicely. The colors really pop in a dark sort of way. There are also other emoticons framed by the photos which add a nice touch. I think it is kind of a commentary on how commonly these emoticons are used to express our feelings instead of words. I love the piece too.

Chronic Sound

This is a collaborative audio project on Audacity Alex and I worked on.

Awol One Video

The Pillows

I was kind of curious about this piece. Mainly because pretty much all I did when I was little as build forts. It is weird that they didn't post a title or even an artist for the piece, but it is still the thing in the gallery that I most related to. It was like a barrier used in war but with pillow cases (not actual pillows) instead of burlap (or whatever it is they use). It was stacked about six feet high, about twelve feet wide, and about four or five feet from the wall, which had a message written on it: "Is it that you don't see us?" There was then another message written on the wall to the right of the fort that said "Or that you don't want to see us?"
I think this is a perfect piece for this gallery, entitled "The Trouble Begins at Eight." The "trouble" part comes from the fact that they created a barrier, as used in wars; the "begins at eight" part adds a playful touch to it, which would of course be the pillow cases part of the work. It implies that a normal children's bedtime could be at eight, but there is a war-like quality to their resistance.
The message behind the barrier is the kids message to their parents, who let them play around after their bedtime, mainly because they are just fed up with dealing with little punk kids.

Shootout(s).

There's a Snake in my Flipbook!

This is my flipbook!
enjoy