« Week of July 24th | Main | The Intern »

internship update

Well, as I mentioned before I have been having major problems with my project contact person, the Volunteer Coordinator at the art gallery I am writing a Volunteer/Internship guide for. I had to email him a couple of times, but we weren't able to meet last week. In the meantime, I have been making major progress on writing the guide. The last time I met with the V.C., over a month ago, he really didn't have an idea of what he wanted. Using the information I have, which is incomplete, I have written up a rought draft which I will either email him or give to him at our next meeting. It's been a lot of work because I've been given several very different sources for the information and I'm in the process of integrating and improving on them. I hope to meet with the V.C. at the end of the week to brainstorm additions or changes to the manual.

Hey this sounds like some of the communication barriers I had to go through. It is troublesome when feedback takes longer than you expect it to. I learned that when one person is difficult to contact at work, there is usually someone else with a similar role that can help you. Try to get around sluggish responses by never waiting on somebody, just bring your work to another more helpful person and move forward.

kr

Hello! Good Site! Thanks you! oomanadqmuhp