« Andy Goldsworthy inspiration of energy | Main | Architecture with no restrictions »

Inluences on choice for research project

"One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.
When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it:
"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me." The LORD replied:
"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

card-footprints.gif

My grandmother gave this quote to me after I had knee surgery for the second time. It has been inspiring me ever since and I have always wished that we as people could be as passionate towards others as God is.

I was super excited to work on the Millennium Goal project. It has always been an aspiration of my to work with people who are less fortunate. I think that if you have something to give, then give it, even if it is only an idea or words of wisdom.