« green box design | Main | ABXRR »

By Design in Mankato

By Design camp was in Mankato on their campus. It was my first design event that I have been too. It was a weekend event so all of us from UMD stayed in the same hotel room together. I think we had like 8 or 9 people in there. The first night was a speaker then we went to. I cant remember who it was though. Then we went bowling to just to kind of get to know each other from other schools but the only people that went out with us was the Mankato students. The bowling alley on campus was pretty cool. We then went back to our hotel and right next door was a bar so we went there to have some drinks. The next day we woke up early to go back to the campus to get breakfast and we had 3 workshops that each student had. The workshops I had was printmaking, cd covers, and flash. In the cd cover workshops we learned how to make are own cd covers which was cool. The next workshop I had was printmaking which I have never taken before so it was very interesting. After this I think we had another speaker and then had lunch. The next workshop I had was flash but they changed it to screenprinting but that kind of fell through. All of us went back to our hotel and tryed to take a nap because we were all so tired. After that all of the students met up at Buffalo Wild Wings. We continued to hit up the bar scene around Mankato which was really fun. The next day we were supposed to show our portfolios but I had to leave early that morning so I couldnt participate.