Family Gatherings Product Selection
I selected the facial recognition organizer camera as a benchmark product and chose evaluation criteria that were most relevant to the performance of the product in the market.
The idea that I selected to develop was the digital scrapbook.
- Opens to two pages just like your grandma's old scrapbooks do
- Sits on the shelf with other books
- 100s of templates for every season/festivity
- Design software similar to Adobe InDesign to customize layouts
- Touch display
- 32 GB storage for 1000s of photos/scrapbooks
- The exterior features an 8 MP camera to take pictures and place them directly onto the page for extremely easy creation
With more than 25 million people in the U.S. identifying themselves as "Scrapbookers," this product definitely has market potential.
It would be the only physical device on the market that combines digital creation with viewing. (Not Create then Print)
I've named it Scrap because it's direct and descriptive by clearly identifying what the device is for and it's also is simple, short, and catchy. "Hey, bring your Scrap to the Christmas party tonight!"