Week 5

Last week:
Leadership is influencing others to pursue a common ambition. A leader, understands his and his followers' strengths and values to maximizes the team's impact. No matter the situation a leader is positive, proactive and thinks about every point of view.

This Week:
Leadership is inspiring others to mirror your dedication to pursue a common ambition. A leader, understands his and his followers' strengths and values to maximizes the team's impact. No matter the situation a leader is positive, proactive and thinks about every point of view.

Analysis:
This week I added the concept of your followers mirroring a good leader's actions from the "Social intelligence and the biology of leadership" reading. Leaders must set the expectations while also including the followers and helping them maximize their potential. When followers see their leaders working hard and doing their best they will also do their best. This week I let the rest of my definition the same because my FFA leader set the pace but didn't notice when I did my best. This showed a lack of him understanding my strengths and did not helping me maximize my potential.

Source:
Goleman, D., & Boyatzis, R. (2008). "Social intelligence and the biology of leadership." Harvard Business Review, 86(9), 74-­‐81. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=keh&AN=33983120&site=ehost-­‐live