Week 4

Last week:
Leadership is influencing others to pursue a common ambition. A leader, no matter the situation is positive, proactive and thinks about every point of view.

This Week:
Leadership is influencing others to pursue a common ambition. A leader, understands his and his followers' strengths and values to maximizes the team's impact. No matter the situation a leader is positive, proactive and thinks about every point of view.

Analysis:
This week I added the concept of values to my definition because I learned a lot about how important it is to understand others values, ambitions, and strengths. After I read about the importance of values in "Base your leadership values on personal values" I realized it applies to friendships and leadership. My friend Bridget and I get along really well because we have similar goals and values, when we go to an event together we both know what we want to accomplish so we work together to make it happen. Leadership is the same way you have a goal and you accomplish it in a way that lines up with your values.

Lee, R. J. & King, S. N. (2001). Base your leadership values on personal values. Discovering the leader in you: A guide to realizing your personal leadership potential. (pp. 55 - 70). San Francisco: Jossey-­‐Bass.