Microsoft's new "We ShareYour Pain" project | Main | A little winter exercise...

Google Pack

I've been doing lots of traveling lately and haven't posted in a while. I hope to post some pictures by the end of the week, and also comment a bit on my writing progress, but in the meantime, a quick mention of a useful bundle from Google.

The Official Google Blog had an item last Friday announcing a convenient bundling of PC software they're calling Google Pack. It contains a lot of basic software all in one place, all bundled in an updater that will periodically scan for updates.

Most of the software is Google's own products: Google Earth, Talk, and Desktop; but also Firefox, Ad-Aware, Adobe Reader, and the like. I had most of these installed already, but there were a few that I didn't. Google Pack lets you select only the pieces you want to download. But a nice feature is that Google Updater (which is part of the Pack) recognizes the existing software on my machine and includes it in it's check for updates.

That's all for now, but here's wishing you a healthy and happy start to your new year!

Posted by rigd0003 at January 9, 2006 11:24 AM | Computer-related | Cool web stuff