Main

June 25, 2007

June 26 Meeting Agenda

Time: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Place: L 142
Meeting Leader: Liz
Recorder: TBD

AGENDA

1. Update on Work of Team
*My Conundrum
*Time/Best use of time
--Continue to create plans or concentrate on what is in our control?
--Count down to fall. How much time do we need to move Media Hub?
*Approval
--Need to determine level of support from Chancellor/Vice Chancellor
--Need authorization to work with architect
--Need authorization to discuss ideas with other stakeholders, e.g. Food Services

2. Plan de jour
*Present an executive summary/project description & update to Vice Chancellor ASAP—scheduled for Wednesday, June 27
*Do what we can do to get ready for Fall—concentrate on what is in our control
*In Fall gather input from students, Library staff and ITSS staff, work with architect, plan, present plans to all stakeholders, develop and present budgets

3. Review rough draft of executive summary/project description for input

4. Next meeting—planning for Fall Semester. What is in our control?
Media Hub
Equipment check out
Multi-media viewing stations
Other?

June 6, 2007

June 7 Meeting Agenda

Time: 9:05 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.
Place: KPlz 172
Meeting Leader: Liz
Recorder: TBA

AGENDA

1. Show and Tell--Rough draft of Proposal A
Kyle and I sketched out some of the ideas that we discussed at our meeting on Tuesday. I'd like to share them with the group and get your feedback. Kyle will bring extra blank floor plans for you to draw up your ideas.

2. What goes where?
Let's start a list of possible space assignments for different components and services

3. What happens first? second? third?
We need to identify what moves need to happen for Fall 2007 -- Phase I
We need to identify the sequence of moves and the impact and create a timeline

4. What are the givens/absolutes, stumbling blocks, what could change, etc.

5. What data do we need? what data do we have?

6. Do we have a proposal B and/or C?

7. Set a deadline for presenting proposals to Bill, the Library Management Team, and other stakeholders


June 4, 2007

June 5 meeting Agenda

Time: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Place: L 142
Meeting Leader: Liz
Recorder: TBD

AGENDA

1. Multi-Media Hub
b. Liz will clarify with Bill timeline for moving Hub--Beginning of Fall 2007
c. Liz and Gordee will gather usage statistics for L115, L116, L118, L119
d. Jason--Is it possible to meet with ITSS at their Thursday June 7, 2007 meeting?
Comments on our "Very Tentative Plan"
-Put Hub in L119
-Put full-access computers from L119 into Multimedia Viewing area, L118 and in back triangle by bestsellers
-Put Multimedia Viewing equipment up on Third Floor (by microfilm readers)

Items carrired forward from May 31 Agenda

2. Update on Preliminary Deadlines
--June 1 Sponsors & Team Leaders meet with all potential stakeholders & report back
--June 1 Submit a generic work order to FM for Phase I work

3. Input from Bill
--Open up second floor for more collaborative work stations
--How to do this?
--Meet with Rick Brill for ideas about collaborative furniture and equipment set ups?
--Meet with Kathryn Fuller, Head of Reference to discuss her ideas about the Learning Commons and impact on reference service?
--Meet with Brian Morse from SJA?

4. Field trip to Mpls
-visit the S.M.A.R.T. Commons at Wilson or McGrath
-visit the Herman Miller showroom

5. Other

6. Items for next agenda

May 30, 2007

May 31 Meeting Agenda

Time: 9:05 a.m. - 9:55 a.m.
Place L 142
Meeting Leader: Liz
Needed: Recorder

AGENDA

1. Multi-Media Hub
-Review field trip
-Do we want/need to meet with faculty who make assignments in MM Hub to learn about their expectations?
-Next steps

2. Update on Preliminary Deadlines
--June 1 Sponsors & Team Leaders meet with all potential stakeholders & report back
--June 1 Submit a generic work order to FM for Phase I work

3. Input from Bill
--Open up second floor for more collaborative work stations
--How to do this?
--Meet with Rick Brill for ideas about collaborative furniture and equipment set ups?
--Meet with Kathryn Fuller, Head of Reference to discuss her ideas about the Learning Commons and impact on reference service?
--Meet with Brian Morse from SJA?

4. Field trip to Mpls
-visit the S.M.A.R.T. Commons at Wilson or McGrath
-visit the Herman Miller showroom

5. Other

6. Items for next agenda

May 23, 2007

Agenda for May 24 Meeting

Learning Commons Planning & Information Team Meeting

Date: Thursday, May 24
Time: 9:05 - 9:55
Place: KPlz 173
Meeting Leader: Liz
Recorder: Sunshine

AGENDA

1. Communication Mechanisms
a. Rory will give a blog (http://blog.lib.umn.edu/rlitwin/lcplanning) demonstration/tutorial at the next meeting
b. Final review of groundrules

2. How to gather input from students
-Decide on surveying techniques and questions to ask
-Review technicalities of gathering input from students
-Create a subgroup responsible for surveying students?
-Further discuss the idea of forming a student [advisory] group

3. Possible topics for future agendas/plan future agendas
-Need to gather input from Head of Reference Kathryn Fuller. When do we meet with her to discuss her ideas @ Learning Commons?
-Field trip to Multi-Media Hub?
-Meet with Rick Brill for ideas about incorporating new furniture and equipment in GSRs?
-Walk about 1st and 2nd floors
-Need floor plans of Library
-Meet with faculty who make assignments in MM Hub to learn about their expectations?

4. Other


May 16, 2007

Agenda for May 22 meeting

Learning Commons Planning & Information Team Meeting

Date: Tuesday, May 22
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Place: L 142
Meeting Leader: Liz

AGENDA

1. Review communication mechanisms
A. UMD Learning Commons blog
-Blog is up and running thanks to Rory.
-Brief introduction to how to use the blog by Rory.
B. UCal group alias libcommons is working
C. E-mail alias infocommons
-Add Gordee, Mary, and Sunshine?
D. How to communicate to others (students, ITSS, Lib staff)?

2. Establish Ground Rules, continued

3. Review Preliminary Deadlines

June 1 Sponsors & Team Leaders meet with all potential stakeholders & report back
June 1 Submit a generic work order to FM for Phase I work
June 15 Rough out which resources going where and in which phase

4. Review other important tasks not outlined in charge
*Determine scope of potential AV check-out
*Create detailed implementation plans
*Design communication plans (including ways to get input from staff and students during planning)

5. Other

6. Items for next agenda