August 12, 2006

Shifting along the keyboard

Occasionally when typing I get my fingers on the wrong keys, typically one key to the left and things come out like this
IxxAUBkkt qgwb rtoubf
In case it's not clear, that's "Occasionally when typing" shifted one key to the left (the placement of your caps lock may differ)

In principle it should be pretty easy, given the standard layout of the QWERTY keyboard, to write a program that would translate that text to its correct characters ... what would be great is if you could highlight the nuartows rwzr (mistyped text), right click, and bring up a menu that would translate. Just like how you can highlight text and change the case.

Perhaps the demand for this "feature" is not very high.

Posted by eroberts at August 12, 2006 11:52 AM