Final Project

Day 8

Today I chose to finish my metal sculpture project which overlapped on my running time. However I still did sweat quite a lot though! The good news is I got my project done, and it was raining when I got home anyway, so I got a great excuse to put my feet up. Item for today - a welding torch.

Day 8

Day 7

It was an average run. I was on a good pace. Just as a passed my halfway point - jamming out to queen - a huge German shepherd ran out from underneath a fence barking and scared the crap out of me. Luckily it was on a chain that that stopped him from eating me alive, but it caught me off guard enough to make me scream like a girl while running past rush hour traffic stopped at the stoplight. Proud moment. My item today is a ferocious barking dog.

Day 6

Getting the motivation to run today was not easy...bed and coffee was calling my name, but I got myself out. On the hill that always kills me the song "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand came on and all I could think of was Chinese takeout. Fried rice, sesame chicken, beef and broccoli - those thoughts got my tired butt up the hill. Tired, coffee deprived brains think very strange thoughts. Item for today - Chinese takeout box.

Day 5

Amazingly I was awake at 9 am when I could have slept until noon. I was being extremely productive - I got my whole house cleaned, drank a pot of coffee and even got my butt going enough to go on a run. However, because I was standing all day at work the day before, and because I was lucky enough to inherit crappy knees from my dad I had some pretty bad knee pain that manifested itself about halfway through my run. Needless to say I toughed it out and actually had a pretty good run. Now off to be a great boyfriend and detail my girlfriend's car. My item for today - knee pain.

Day 4

Having worked on my feet for 8 hours in the rain today, the last thing I felt like doing was running when I got home. So I went the other way once again and threw a steak on the grill and put my feet up. But at least I had a salad with my steak so it wasn't a complete loss. My item for today is a steak on the grill.

Day 3

It was raining today, as in when I looked outside I could hardly see across the street raining. I also saw some die hard guy run past my house in these very same conditions. I am not one of those runners you see running in blizzards and hailstorms and torrential downpours. When its like that outside I sit on the couch. Luckily my roommate was home so we played Nintendo 64 for a solid 2 hours. A good alternative to running? I think so. So I think a Nintendo controller is an appropriate topic for today.

Day 2

Today I came to the realization on my run that the buttons on the stoplights for the crosswalk do absolutely nothing. Nothing but ruin my pace. Honestly I think it takes 3 times longer if I press the button than if I just stand there to wait for the light to change. I really don't think they're hooked up to anything. Even if they were hooked up to something what are they supposed to do anyway? So, my item for today is the crosswalk button.

Journal Day 1

So I decided my I would document the random thoughts and happenings while I run. I may add that 8 days is the greatest number of consecutive days I will have gone for a run. Ever. So this may be interesting. As I exited my driveway to begin my nearly 3 miles of exhaustion "Bang Bang" by K'naan came onto my iPod, and if for some reason it just cracked me up.I started laughing and I think my girlfriend who was running beside me thought I was on crack. So anyway that is my inspiration for today. Here's the song if you would like to listen.
05 Bang Bang (feat. Adam Levine).m4p

Recent Comments

• aabates03@aol.com: You missed out. THe best time to work out is read more
  • roemn001: Thanks! I can't wait to refine them more. I'll post read more
  • hayne081: I really like your 'community' and 'understanding' pieces. Love your read more

Recent Assets

• Picture 1-234.png
  • Picture 2-456.png
  • Picture 1-4.png
  • Picture 1-2.png
  • Picture 4.png
  • Picture 1.png
  • Picture 3.png
  • Picture 2.png
  • GEL17990.jpg
  • GEL15696.jpg