entry 1

Today was rather uneventful.

Woke up and went through the daily motions of preparation. The the manner and hour in which I did (at 7 goddamn AM) could have been a little better.

I do not consider myself to be a morning person.

Was greeted by the active wind mixing with the still frigid air that is a Duluth morning trying to get into its Spring-time format. All the while with my still wet hair dangling and raging around my scalp every time a breeze picks up.

At this point in the year, long hair is a pain in the ass. Need to get a haircut.

As for the actual school day, not much can really be said. Went to American Government where we discussed the political world. Turned in a booklet design for Typography II and listened to the professor congratulate us on the overall design, but belittle us on our typographic mistakes. If one student stands out in error, misstep of the student, if everyone does, misstep of the professor. Just saying. Had to endure guest conductors in band. Fun time. Just kidding.

Overall, the academic day was what I expected. A slow and steady build up of annoyances that formulate into something worth complaining about, but dissipating before really getting any attention.

Maybe this is pessimistic because I just woke up from a nap and I've still got that "damn you all" feeling one has when being suddenly awakened from a nice slumber.

I did have lunch and a subsequent hike through the woods with my friends. That was enjoyable and definitely the high point of the day's arc.

Spent the rest of the evening watching the Twins game with my roommate. Foraged around the kitchen for anything worthwhile. I still have enough mashed potatoes to feed 16 people (according to the helpful guide on the back).

Missed the first run of South Park and the Daily Show. Missing the Colbert Report now. Will probably catch them on their second path on the airwaves around 12am.

Still wishing I was asleep.

This page contains a single entry by roman151 published on April 28, 2010 10:24 PM.

Project 3 - Maggie's Farm inDesign file was the previous entry in this blog.

entry 2 is the next entry in this blog.