entry 4

Saturday

Did a lot of manual labor today. Helped father clean out and rearrange his storage facility for -= MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY =- that's a fun phrase.

I also broke habit of waking up either regretting the very act or the night's previous acts that led up to my waking up.

If anything my attitude this morning was that of the upbeat part of the Beatles' "A Day in the Life" (woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb acr-- you know it)

Back to the manual labor-- I just cracked my back and it felt wonderful-- now really back to the manual labor.

I am a fan of the Dune book series by Frank Herbert. I have recently finished the 2nd book in the series and found it an opportune time to raid my dad's storage to find the other books (he has a small library's worth of literature stacked away).

The book in question is called "Children of Dune" (Dune --> Dune Messiah --> Children of Dune --> yay). I also grabbed the rest of the series as well as Arthur C. Clark's masterpiece, 2001: A Space Odyssey. I like science fiction. Blame the parents I guess.

With the books packed neatly we proceeded to dismantle the storage. A rather productive and uneventful time with the exception of the two of us falling over a lawn mower as we carried 2 mattresses and almost sparking a domino effect of destruction from all the 20-50 year old junk we knocked over.

I venture a guess that 10% (and that's generous) of the items in my father's storage even have a use today. Pack rats baffle me.

With a few scratches and bruises we "successfully" cleaned out and rearranged a cornucopia of shit. Thumbs up.

My dad rewarded the day's venture with dinner at Timberlodge Steak House reaffirming the time-renowned fact of hard work pays off-- I mean, free food is the best food. Yeah. That one.

This page contains a single entry by roman151 published on May 1, 2010 11:24 PM.

entry 3 was the previous entry in this blog.

entry 5 is the next entry in this blog.