« Body Found; Believed to be of Missing Little Falls Man | Main | Clemens a Yankee Once Again »

High Winds Take Out Power Lines

Wind gusts that reached up to 40 miles per hour knocked down trees and power lines across the Twin Cities on Sunday morning, reported the Star Tribune. The downed power lines have left thousands of local residents without power.

Excel Energy reported these numbers at 1 p.m. : 1,700 outages in Savage, 1,800 in St.Louis Park, 900 in South St.Paul, and 800 in Minneapolis. Law enforcement officials have reported no severe of widespread damage, however, according to the Star Tribune.

The winds also caused severe fire weather conditions across west central Wisconsin, reported the Star Tribune. Incoming storms later today should help improve the situation there.

Excel Energy notified me over the phone that they had an unusually large amount of emergency calls this afternoon. The power at my apartment building at 1100 Como Ave. went out at around 11 a.m. I was informed that I will have power by noon on Monday. Until then, my blogging will have to be done at the local coffeeshop with free wireless.