Provide opportunities for children and families to spend time in nature for active and imaginative play as well as reflection and renewal.
- Polk County Public Health
- City of Crookston
- City of Fertile
- Marshall County Public Health
- City of Warren
- Statewide Health Improvement Program
- Rydell National Wildlife Refuge
- College of Design - Center for Sustainable Building Research
- School of Public Health
- University of Minnesota Crookston
- Hosted the Connecting Children and Nature Conference at University of Minnesota Crookston in Sept 2010, supported by USFWS Challenge Grant
- Awarded 25 mini-grants to community groups interested in connecting children and nature in 2010-2011, supported by USFWS Challenge Grant
- Supported design process for Natural Play Spaces in Warren, Crookston and Fertile in 2011-2012.
- Conduct research about public health benefits of natural play spaces.
- Hosted Designing Natural Play Spaces Workshop at University of Minnesota Crookston in October 2012.
US FWS Challenge Grant $25,000