Natural Resources of the region provide a foundation of goods and services that support the other areas. The NW RSDP supports projects that align with these aspirations:
- A healthy functioning landscape provides clean water, rich soils and diverse habitats.
- There is widespread awareness of the natural resources and amenities in the region, and the landscape services they provide.
- Regional residents are aware of their personal resource consumption and recognize that natural amenities support quality of life.
- Regional land and water stewardship practices support a healthy economy and landscape for the long term.
PartnersThe following are members of the Natural Resources Work Group:
- Katy Smith, Univeristy of Minnesota and NW RSDP
- Ruth Ann Franke, MN DNR and NW RSDP
- Matt Simmons, University of Minnesota
- Doug MacArthur, White Earth DNR
- Dave Bennett, US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Maggie Anderson, retired USFWS and former NW RSDP
- Wayne Goeken, International Water Institute
- Henry VanOffelen, MN DNR
- Eric Anderson, USDA NRCS