PurposePurpose: Local Foods + Sustainable Agriculture encompasses food and cropping systems for local and regional markets.
The NW RSDP supports projects that align with these aspirations:
- Increase food access and availability through community and school gardens and farmers markets.
- Support farmers and market vendors by offering training for food production and marketing.
- Support the development of regional food systems through food hubs and farm to institution efforts.
- Support research and outreach to reduce barriers to local food procurement by institutions.
PartnersNW RSDP board members: Mark Askegaard, Abby Gold, Michele Schermann, Kristin Eggerling Extension: Noelle Harden, Jim Stordahl, Terry Nennich, Sara VanOffelen, DeeAnn Leines, Greg Schweser Public Health: Gina Nolte, Kirsten Fagerlund, Janet Lindberg, Sarah Reese Community: Tom Lenertz, Barbara Schulstad, Chuck Schulstad
ActivitiesThe Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems Work Group meets regularly (scroll down to see schedule) to develop ideas, consider proposal and build a network of partners interested in the aspirations listed above. If you have an idea to share with the work group, please use the RSDP Project Idea Brief posted under the images.
Please see the NW RSDP calendar on the Northwest webpage for work group and board meeting dates.
Please view this Prezi - you'll want to view it full screen, and use the arrow keys at the bottom of the frame to move through the presentation.
OutcomesMeeting Agendas and Summaries are posted below for fiscal year 2014
Food and Agriculture Work Group Schedule
- 08/1/2013 at Valley Technology Park in Crookston
- 10/3/2013 at Valley Technology Park in Crookston
- 12/5/2013 in Moorhead