Develop a deeper understanding of current efforts across Minnesota to develop local food hubs; identify what is working, as well as common challenges.
UM Carlson School of Management MBA students - to be identified
- Carlson Ventures Enterprise, an experiential program for University of Minnesota MBA students, is creating for the Regional Partnerships a comprehensive list of people, businesses and organizations that are aggregating, marketing, transporting, and processing farm-produced products for use by local rural institutions, restaurants, and consumers.
- The team will collect information such as business structure, data on markets served, key partners, web presence, operational history, geographic reach, activities, products, strategies, barriers, opportunities and current financial status.
- The team will compile a database and a presentation detailing the aggregated findings.
- Gain a deeper understanding of current efforts across Minnesota to develop local food hubs
- Identify what is working as well as common challenges
- Allow RPs to build working relationships among players and provide educational and strategic resources to advance development of a statewide system of food hubs
- Students gain real world perspective and experience