PurposeA partnership with UMM Center for Small Towns to place UMM students with communities to address short-term community projects including web site development, survey work, etc. In 2009, the focus of the funded CSC students tied to WCP focus areas of work--water, food, energy.
PartnersUMN-Morris Center for Small Towns
- News releases and announcements sent out in local newspapers and to local government and non-profits announcing the program.
- CST and WCRSDP staff developed an application, reviewed proposals, and made selections.
- CST administered the program, matched students to community projects.
- Students wrote refection papers following their experience.
- First year, 20 applicants, 16 were awarded. Ones that weren't awarded were referred to other resources.
- Second year, application timeline was shorter and before the Holidays so the number of applications were less.
- Next year, planning to have an "on going" application process due to CST receiving a Faculty and student Fellow's grant from Bremer Foundation.
State Special 45,000.00