First and Second Meetings

Our first class will be September 7, 2:30-3:20 at 1701 University Avenue (Room 14). Where exactly is 1701 University Avenue? Click here to find out. At this first meeting we'll introduce ourselves in person, go over the syllabus for the semester, and have a bit of fun.

The second meeting will be on September 14 in the Bell Museum of Natural History. We will be listening to CLA Dean Rosenstone give insight into the value of a liberal arts education.

Posted by rude0044 at 8:14 AM

How are you preparing for your freshman year?

The summer is winding down rapidly! What have you done already or what do you plan to do to prepare for your first year at the U? This could be something as simple as purchasing your sheets and pillow, or something as complex as the mental readiness. What are you excited about? What are you nervous about (I'm sure others are feeling the same way you are!)? Do you have any questions we (your instructors or others in the class) can help you with?

Connect with your classmates even before you get to campus! Let us know what you're up to!

Posted by rude0044 at 8:06 AM

Welcome to CLA 1001!

Hello everyone! Welcome to CLA 1001: Introduction to College Life. I'd like us to use this category to introduce ourselves so we can get to know a bit about each other before the first day of class (September 7th!).

My name is Jen Rude and I am one of the instructors for this section of CLA 1001. I am an academic adviser in the Health & Natural Sciences Community (check out my bio on our staff list, http://hns.class.umn.edu). I'm very much looking forward to getting to know each of you and having a fun (and informative!) Fall semester. Cheers!

Posted by rude0044 at 8:03 AM