Chicago Morning Travel

IMG_1408a.JPG

Corinth, Mississippi

It is one week on the road and we made it to a state that has seashore. Of course we are not going to the seashore from here. That would be another day. No, we are clipping the corner of Mississippi and heading across the northern part of Alabama on to Atlanta, Georgia.

We are relaxing in the library after touring the Shiloh Civil War Battleground. An experience that rends the heart and soul. It's hot, but the streets are tree lined and there is a breeze. Much more comfortable than Nashville with its freeways, cement, and stubby trees.

I don't have much chance to blog so I will keep this brief. Also, just learning how to do some of the things with this tool. If I figure it out, I will add a picture.

Day-1

First stop Rochester Minnesota to accompany Mother on her visit to Dr. Takahashi. We started early, in the car by 6:00, a new record for me. Stopped for a coffee and a dough nut for Megan in Canon Falls. Its wonderful to drive in the cool morning.

Megan and Kristy took a tour of Mayo clinic. Not really a dynamic educational experience. Mother and I were finished about the time they started so we waited for them at her room. Then up to a nice lunch on the 22nd floor.

After lunch we headed out towards Madison. At the travel information desk at the Wisconsin border we looked into someplace to stop as we had already reached our 150 miles and were nearing 200. We decided on Sparta, the birthplace of Deke Slayton, one of the Mercury astronauts. Tomorrow, we plan to head south to Amish country for breakfast and head into Madison.