Mmmmmmmmmmonday

Today's entry is dedicated to all that is delicious in the world.

Near Death Experience
I almost stepped into the path of a ...

It's Official
I am now an official research assistant....

Room Sweet Room
My room is a bit more comfortable now...

Near Death Experience
I almost stepped into the path of a biker and lost my life outside of Blegen today. Here's a recap from my perspective... I looked left, saw people standing and no bikers coming. I then looked right and saw some bikers approaching, but they were far enough away that I had time to cross. I take a step and turn my head to the left as I proceed and !!!!! There's a girl on a bike and we graze each other and her blue water bottle gets knocked loose. I apologized profusely and picked her water bottle up and returned it to her. I'm glad we weren't hurt and it'll be a long time before I only look both ways once before crossing that path of near-death!

It's Official
I am now an official research assistant. Today I was introduced to the materials for part of the experiment for which data has already been collected. Now it's my job to help process data by transcribing experimental sessions recorded on video. I began my first transcription today and it was slow-going at first, but it was fun and challenging and I'm excited to go back into the lab on Wednesday for round two.

Room Sweet Room
My room is a bit more comfortable now that I put up a poster, two photos, a drawing, and a wall calendar (which I can use dry-erase pens/markers on to keep track of important dates and deadlines). Oh yeah, my fridge stocked with juice, soy milk, yogurt, bagels, and fresh fruit helps too. ;-d

Posted by rufx0006 at September 13, 2004 9:55 PM