Merry Septmas!

Today's entry is dedicated to everybody's favorite phallic fruit, the banana. How do you like yours? Barely Ripe? Ripe? Extra Ripe? Banana Bread Ripe?

Current Art Project
Well, it's not one of the projects I had in mind before the start of the semester...

The Meaning Of Life Or Of The Title
So what, you might be wondering, is Septmas? ...

See ya!
I'm tired, sweaty, and oily...

Current Art Project
Well, it's not one of the projects I had in mind before the start of the semester, but I have started drawing doodles and hanging them up on my wall. My media are BIC black ball point pens and MaxBrite 92 Brightness 20-lb. paperweight multi-purpose paper. I only began this unofficial project on Monday so other than saying the drawings are abstract, and both include faces, I'm too busy and tired to describe them any further. I will probably post shots of them up on my website when I get caught up on all my reading (I'm doing pretty well, ahead of the game in most of my classes). Oh, one interesting thing is the technique I'm using where I don't lift my pen very much, especially for the initial face. After the line doodle is complete, then I use scribbley lines to add some contrast to the whiteness of 92 Brightness 20-lb. MaxBrite multi-purpose paper.

The Meaning Of Life Or Of The Title
So what, you might be wondering, is Septmas? Why, Christmas in September of course! I know it must be Septmas today because it's not my birthday and I got a bunch of presents today! :D In the theme of Christmas in September I'll share what I got in an adapted version of "The Twelve Days Christmas"

On the first day of Septmas, Michelle gave to me
A pre-folded campus map
On the second day of Septmas, Michelle gave to me
two message boards
and a pre-folded campus map
On the third day of Septmas, Michelle gave to me
three CD wallets
two message boards
and a pre-folded campus map
On the fourth day of Septmas, UPS gave to me
four oreck toys
three CD wallets
two message bpards
and a pre-folded campus map
On the fifth day of Septmas, Michelle gave to me
five fingers high (an innocent "high five"!)
four oreck toys
three CD wallets
and a pre-folded campus map
On the sixth day of Septmas, Michelle gave to me
six (+/-1) inches of pen
five fingers high
four oreck toys
three CD wallets
and a pre-folded campus map
On the seventh day of Septmas, Michelle gave to me
seven gold chocolate balls
six (+/-1) inches of pen
five fingers high
four oreck toys
three CD wallets
and a pre-folded campus map

What? You thought there's more? Seven's all you're gonna get for Septmas. Afterall, "sept" is the French word for "seven" (and you thought I forgot EVERYTHING that I learned in four years of jr./sr. high school French).

See ya!
I'm tired, sweaty, and oily. God, I'm sexy, too bad Shasha isn't here! Time for a shower, see ya next Septmas!

Posted by rufx0006 at September 14, 2004 10:05 PM