First Month at the U

At first, deciding to move out of state and begin my own life seemed exciting. Time, however, changed my perspective, and I felt as though I was on an emotional rollercoaster this past summer. What one day brought joy brought fear the next. The most overwhelming feeling that I experienced during the week prior to the beginning of the school year was fear. I would ask myself how I could live on my own and how I would fair doing simple tasks like grocery shopping, paying tuition, and, of course, laundry. While the first weekend was overwhelming, the welcome that I recieved from fellow students made the transition much easier. I felt fortunate to be given the chance to attend such an amazing university in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. I am still struggling to find my place at the U, but feel assured that there are plenty organizations to join. I am now involved with the financial and accounting orgainization, SAFA, and with programs at my church. I would like to begin volunteering and to potentially find a job for next semester.