Week 13 Blog

11) A leader knows how to bring a team together, in more ways than just physically being together.

12) A leader understands the team vision becomes before their personal vision.

I chose this quote because I believe a leader cannot be selfish because a leader is leading a team. The team needs to know that at anytime that person will be behind them. To be a successful leader, your own needs sometimes need to be put on hold in order to reach a greater team goal. For an example in gymnastics, you want to compete every event, but as a leader if you know someone else is better, you have to do what is best for the team and let the best compete and be supportive towards that person.

Week 12 Blog

10) A leader is being selfless by putting your team before yourself.

This week our readings were about how technology can both help and hurt a team. When used correctly technology and working over computers with team members is okay to do sometimes, but losing all personal relationships with team members is not a good idea. The team needs to be able to handle being together and working and trusting each other even when their not physically together.

Week 11 Blog

9) (Last Week) Leadership is getting your team to feel that feeling of complete closeness and trust in one another.

Last week I thought of leadership by all the little moments I have with my team when I feel like were all on the same page and just enjoying being together. This week I thought of what I want to be seen as, as a leader. I read the readings and it showed steps to becoming a leader and what needs to be fulfilled before being a great leader can be achieved. For me if you are putting your team before yourself you are being a true leader.

Leadership Week 10

8) (Last Week) Leadership is getting the team to see a vision that is bigger than themselves.

9) Leadership is getting your team to feel that feeling of complete closeness and trust in one another.

Last week I focused on how "we is bigger than me." This week I realized that when a team has a real bond a feeling of unity and belonging spreads over the group. I feel only a real leader can make a team have this close of a connection. I was inspired by the reading "Interacting in Teams and Groups," the stages of development interested me and I thought of this quote from the 'performing' stage. When a team is finally working as a team.

Leadership Week 9

7) (Last Week) A good leader is understanding and supportive, but knows when to push the team even harder.

8) Leadership is getting the team to see a vision that is bigger than themselves.

Last week my definition was about being able to push a team, this week I felt that a leader also needs to know how to push the team in order to achieve a vision that is bigger than any one person. I didn't directly relate this to a reading, but experienced it first hand. On our team we talk about making it to Nationals and winning Big Ten's, to make these things happen we have to work towards them as a team and push each other to remember why we are working so hard.

Leadership Week 8

6) (Last Week) Leaders need to be able to sit back and observe what is happening, but also not be afraid to get right in the thick of the action.

7) A good leader is understanding and supportive, but knows when to push the team even harder.

Last week I acknowledged specific things a leader should do. This week in the reading "Identifying each Person's One Big Thing" there is a quote that said, "You don't get great by staying comfortable, people need to step it up!" This caught my attention because it is true, a leader needs to push the team out of their comfort zone to really make a change or even succeed.

Leadership Week 7

5) (Last Week) Leaders remain level-headed in times of crisis, and keep their eyes on their vision to help their team through.

6) Leaders need to be able to sit back and observe what is happening, but also not be afraid to get right in the thick of the action.

This week the readings made me focus on how leading doesn't always mean physically leading a group. Sometimes it means observing your group and this can give the leader a better perspective as how the group dynamic is. Being in the heat of the action you cant always see the little details the group needs to work on.

Recent Comments

• connieadams527@yahoo.com: I agree with you and I appreciate the great quotes read more