Leadership: Week 5 Definition

Week 4 Definition: Leadership is about finding your strengths and then utilizing them to execute, influence, relate, or strategize with others. Successful leaders are able to develop these strengths not only in themselves, but also in those around them in a playful, professional manner.

Week 5 Definition: Leadership is about finding strengths and developing them within yourself and those around you. A successful leader has a vision and works toward their goals in a playful, but professional manner.

This week's definition is a combination of all of the readings that we have read so far in the course. I used all the different aspects of leaders that have been brought up, because I feel that leadership has so many different meanings and uses. I wanted to be sure that my definition is all-encompassing to cover all the different uses.

Sources:
Rath, T. and Conchie, B. (2009). Strengths-based Leadership: Great teams, leaders, and why people follow. Gallup Press: Washington, D.C.

Goleman, D., & Boyatzis, R. (2008). "Social intelligence and the biology of leadership." Harvard Business Review, 86(9), 74-81. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=keh&AN=33983120&site=ehost-live

Lee, R. J., & King, S. N. (2001). "Ground your leadership vision in a personal vision." Discovering the Leader in You: A guide to realizing your personal leadership potential (pp. 31 - 54). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, Inc.