All around the wall | Main | Dig it

Au revoir, dear friend!

100_1712.jpg

She was acting strangely all weekend. She'd go to her water dish and just stand or sit by it. Then the past two days (Sunday and Memorial Day) she barely ate anything.

I took her in after work Tuesday and they said the news wasn't good. She had fluid build up that they said was the result of cancer, heart disease or liver failure. I told them I didn't want to put her through tests to find out which, or through treatment for anything that serious. So the other course was to put her to sleep, and they were supportive about this. So.... she is gone. It seems so very sudden. I guess part of me was worried about her for a longer time because she's had some other problems with throwing up and pooping in odd places around the basement. I won't miss that!!!! But still, it's hard!

They were very kind at the vet's and they made a paw print in clay for her that I just baked. How appropriate! She will get to be under the Christmas tree this year and all the years she wants to be there!

000_1301.JPG

catinbag.JPG

100_1710.JPG

100_1709.JPG

Posted by s-gang at May 30, 2007 12:33 PM | Home

So sorry to hear the news. May Kitty rest in peace and her spirit be with you always.

Posted by: Meggin at May 30, 2007 2:19 PM

What a lovely tribute to your beautiful friend...

Posted by: Pat at July 16, 2007 5:08 PM