September 2009 | Main | October 2012

2010 January - June

I'll need some help piecing these titles into the calendar. As I recall we got a little feisty and skipped around some.

January at Sofitel
February at Sofitel
March at Sofitel
April -M Butterfly live at the Guthrie Theatre
May The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - at Sofitel
June - A Mercy / Toni Morrison / at Monte Carlo in Minneapolis

Posted by s-gang at 7:58 PM

Book Club's new blog

Hey Book Club friends, the Book Club aspect of Tambien is moving to its own Book Club blog home.

Posted by s-gang at 7:49 PM

Book Club 2010

It’s time for a new round of books. We polished off the last six months gourmet style, switching in June from a stint at Sofitel to an evening at the Monte Carlo (a night spent without discussing Toni Morrison’s A Mercy in any way, shape or form. Sorry, Toni. The wings and the chocolate cake made it impossible to concentrate) So, to begin the discussion of our next list of titles is Sarah: the next Stieg Larsson book (I just finished #3, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest); #2 is The Girl Who Played with Fire Tracy Chevalier’s new book Remarkable Creatures - though I don’t think it is out in paperback yet. Hilary Mantel’s new book Wolf Hall - won the Booker prize, though also not in paperback. Jhumpa Lahiri’s book “Unaccustomed Earth” - I just finished this, it was amazing.

Posted by s-gang at 10:03 AM