Recently in Commercial Category

Odd Ad

The Cremation Lady - the local burnup society's tv rep has black hair, dressed in a black leather jacket and appears in a room decorated in depression-dark furniture. Did she go in prematurely? Do you want to think about being that crispy? Is is black humor? Why do they want to present this image of their, uh, service?

Cranky Consumer

Ok, I just have to let a few things out:

What is it with furniture stores? Why do they come up with the most annoying ads on tv of almost any product, with the notable exception of Republican candidates?

Is SilenceYourRooster advertising an anti-Vi*gra product? It's a cute ad, but if they can't tell us what they're selling, I'm not going to bother to Google it to find out. I just don't care.

Why do so many cable channels, and increasingly, network channels, feel compelled to provide surround sound of non-stop percussion? It makes me run for the remote. They can stop it anytime.

Why does any company think people want to watch animated bears wiping their rear ends, or watch people in a fish-eye lens gargle, or watch animated snot talking to a medication? We don't want to see it. That goes for hygiene products too, "enhancement" products, etc.

There will be more. Watch this space.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Commercial category.

Campus is the previous category.

Friends is the next category.