A Museum

The Midtown Market looked to me like a different style of museum: a multicultural museum. This place, amazingly, has art allover. Even the merchandise and products themselves, if they are not art product, they were offered and showed in an artistic way.

The Pyramid

I liked the design of the building too. It has a pyramid shape and looks like a family with the main member (king) in the middle (the big tower).

The Exchange of Energy

When I went to the Midtown Market, my son was there with me. I was thinking about the exchange of energy in that place; then, I realized the coincidence of my son being involved in this energy (he was going to make a big mess in one of the stores...energy), so I decided to include him in the pictures.

Culture and Environment

In another environmental design class (3711) we were once asked to respond to the following question: which one is more important to the self identity, the culture or the environment? I took the culture's position, and my visit to the Midtown Market has supported that. Once you step inside the Midtown Market, you start moving from a store to another (from an environment to another). In every single store you feel the atmosphere of the store's culture either from the product being sold, the decoration, or even the playing music. Although each of those stores is not in its real or original environment, the culture was strong enough to control the environment and to show the self identity of each store.