11/20/2006

When I was in high school I really wanted to go to a school where I could study aviation. I had learned to fly at my local airport when I was in high school and thought I wanted to study this and make it a career. I found a few nice schools in Florida and decided to attend one in Jacksonville. I really liked the school because it was close to the beach and the weather was obviously better than Minnesota during the winter months. I found out rather quickly, however, that despite the weather and beaches I wanted to return home to Minnesota where most of my friends and family members were. I looked into the University of Minnesota and was a little bummed that I wouldn't be able to study aviation, but found that I could join the Air Force ROTC program and still become a pilot. This way I would save a lot of money and even maybe pick up a scholarship to go to school there. Luckily I was chosen to receive a scholarship and get most of it paid for. I'm also a lot happier because I can visit my family whenever I want and am close to my good friends again.