Next Year's Michael Vick?

On September 23, 2009, Plaxico Burress was sentenced to two years in prison, for violating New York's strict gun procession laws.
According to ESPN reporter Sal Paolantonio, Burress is currently at the15 month mark in his sentence, and could possible be released as early as next spring.

"When I get out, I'll be 33, not 43," Burress told ESPN, before he started to serve his sentence last fall. I'll still have the God-given ability to snag footballs; that's what I love to do, and of course, I want to play again."
His story is very similar to the one of Michael Vicks; however one could argue that Burress's sentence of two year was a bit long, for shooting only himself in the leg.
After considering the gracious response Vick has had form public since returning to the limelight in Philadelphia, one could expect Burress could have even easier road to redemption.
Furthermore as long as Burress has continued to stay in prime shape during prison, one could expect Burress to have a starting job next season. In the eyes of the public, if athlete is able to win and return back to level that he once was, a second chance is almost always granted.

This page contains a single entry by salox055 published on December 19, 2010 8:52 AM.

Arenas Granted Fresh Start in Orlando was the previous entry in this blog.

Mayweather Jr. Faces Major Fight Outside the Ropes is the next entry in this blog.