The beginning

I am in the proces of creating a web-based group for students interested in cricket at the U. I have been fascinated by amount of interest the game has generated among the people from cultures that have not played or seen cricket before. I see this as an opportunity to help expand the game and create a culture of cricket among all students at the U. Hopefully this will be worth the effort.
I am hoping that students of all races, genders and nationalities with interest or curiosity in the game could come together , as not only will it promote the game per se but the interaction between the students will also be a good medium to understand and learn about other cultures and cultural nuances.
It has been enlightening for me as a guy from India to play with students from Pakistan, Sri Lanka and most recently American students. I hope others feel the same vibe as I am as all of us are here to have great time and enjoy but at the same time we learn a lot about each other and it is something that all of us will value for a long time to come.
I thank you for taking the effort to read through this posting and feel free to respond as your suggestions and thoughts are most welcome. I would love to hear from you.
Yogi

Posted by sama0038 at April 17, 2005 10:12 AM