First Thoughts

My previous adventures--to India, to the European countries on the Med, and to Egypt--were all amazing, life-changing, and completely distinct from each other. During my five weeks in Berlin, I will be teaching English in an elementary school, exploring the city, and preparing a research paper; I expect this trip to be totally unique.

Though I study five languages and I am pursuing a linguistics major, I cannot speak more than three sentences in German. I look forward to this challenge in anticipation! I have only ever learned a language in a classroom setting, and my goal in this adventure is to come away with a solid base knowledge of the language. Of course I'm looking forward to hanging out with the kids as well :)

I'd like to thank the Check Point Charlie Foundation and the Center for German & European Studies for this incredible opportunity :)