« "Siegfried and Roy stage comeback for charity" | Main | "1 dead in Illinois church shooting" »

"For exposing himself to young girls, man gets 84 days in jail, six years' probation"

The St. Paul Pioneer Press reported that "a Fridley man will spend 84 days in jail and be on probation for six years following a sentencing hearing Friday for exposing himself to several girls last year."

Brian Erik Thompson, 26, will begin his sentence on March 13. In addition to his jail sentence, Thompson must pay a fine, "remain law-abiding," abstain from contact with the victims, minors or "vulnerable adults," access the Internet only if approved, and "possess no pornographic or sexually explicit material."

Thompson pleaded guilty to fifth-degree criminal sexual conduct in November. He was charged with three incidents in 2008 where he exposed himself to girls younger than 16.

"I know that it was wrong," Thompson told Judge Robert Awsumb.

"I'm so sorry for that. I wish I could take it back, take it all back. I want to let you know that this won't happen again," Thompson said.