Chris, Week 8, a working inventory of everything i used today (ten twenty-four two thousand twelve)

For my personal mapping piece I decided to make a list of everything I used for a day. I then built a device which allows me to scroll through a roll of thermal receipt paper in order to make a formal record this list.

Thumbnail image for a working inventory of everything i used today (ten twenty-four two thousand twelve)

a working inventory of everything i used today (ten twenty-four two thousand twelve)

As suggested in the title, this project is meant to be a work in progress. However, the visual representation of my list is still feeling fairly unresolved and I am not sure I have accomplished what I want. Perhaps a scroll is not the proper format. I often work in and from little fragmented moments, so pieces of paper may be more fitting. The device is also distracting for me. The device originally was meant as a quick solution to handling the pesky rolls for an artist with clumsy tendencies. As I was working on the roll, I developed the device. It became more refined and incorporated with the aesthetic of the roll/inventory.

here are a few more photos of the work in progress:

IMG_3715.JPG

IMG_3723.JPG

IMG_3711.JPG