Recently in Catalog entries: reflexive Category

Kevin, Catalog (reflexive)

Big Agnes Ascent

agnes.png

(view film here)

Pinhole Camera
high-contrast 16mm black and white negative film
hand-developed and digitally scanned

antonio-m-perez.jpg
Antonio M. Perez, CEO, Eastman-Kodak Corporation

So, I'm responding to this on several levels. On one hand I want to take the camera away from this guy, he's doing it all wrong. We at Eastman-Kodak pride ourselves on achieving unparalleled image quality, giving you something hyperreal and larger than life - so I can't imagine what the appeal might be, to make something this smudgy and jittery and just plain... weird.

I mean, we've been working for a hundred years on film technology, really elaborate chemical processes of coating film specifically so that no-one would have to settle for images like these. And yet, he must be doing it on purpose, because certainly he could've achieved better results with a $100 used video camera if he wanted to.

So if this is intentional, I guess it must be some kind of reference to the dawn of cinema, back in the early days of experimentation with photography and moving images, the salad days for George Eastman, who probably couldn't imagine the level of quality and consistency we'd be able to achieve in this industry a hundred years later in his wildest dreams.

And I guess it also makes me kind of sad, because we had a good run, that lasted more than a hundred years, and now the company is, frankly, kind of in decline - we're selling off a lot of our patents, for processes and techniques which took some of the lab guys their whole careers to develop.

The official line is that we're adapting and evolving, and you know, getting into all this digital acquisition and projection and whatnot - and that's great, don't get me wrong. But even though we're all excited about the future here, at Kodak, it seems unlikely that we'll ever be in the enviable position of like 90% market share of photographic technology in the USA again.

Oh well.

Erin, Week 5: Catalog reflexive

IMGP5222.jpg

If I were to have a catalog written about this piece, I would invite the french philosopher Gaston Bachelard to do so. His book on the Poetics of Space critically analyzes homes and the characterization of them. I think this view point would be an interesting match with my work. To the best of my abilities, I wrote in what I thought would be his perspective if he were to write about artwork in general.

Hypothetical Show

Personal Spaces; Reviewed by French Philospher Gaston Bachelard, Author of the Poetics of Space

Multiple ideas of space are reiterated in Paradis' "Sensing My Past" piece. An awareness of self comes across from the washy brush strokes of the blue shape in the background. Its abstract quality gives a structure and stability to the rest of the piece. Just as your house is your core and the soul is present in its structure, this form has an identity like that of a home. With the other components of the piece, suggestions of different parts of the home or a town are indicated. Perhaps Paradis had a feeling of understanding and strength in her place of residence from where this imagery was inspired.

The viewers' memories of their own upbringing and past travel come up through the suggestive shapes and patterns. The simplicity of the forms is reminiscent of industrial spaces that can appear in many towns and cities. To what degree can these constructions remain personal to the artist yet relate to an outside viewer? When does it become less about specific places and more about identity or one self? These thoughts and ideas are explored in "Sensing My Past."

Chris, Week 5, Catalog: Reflexive

Thumbnail image for IMG_3626 - Version 3.jpg

Pel. wool. 2012. (20.25" x 8.25" x 9.5")

If I were to curate a catalog for the above piece, I would invite contribution from someone who would provide historical and/or contemporary context to the elements of the work. In the catalog an anthropologist would speak to the cultural roots of wool and the anvil, as well as how these concepts have been developed over time and are prevalent today. I would invite a story or narrative from someone on a contemporary shearing team and someone who has worked on a historical preservation site (theme park or attraction) in the practice of blacksmithing.

Emily, Week 5: Catalog (reflexive)

Catalog Entry

photo (17).JPG

Feedings (09092012, 44d55'35"N 93d04'24"W)
2012, In Progress

Description

Fifty small boxes of sourdough starter, cultivated from scratch in my kitchen and carefully fed and grown over the course of three weeks, is given away to strangers. Participants can map and document their specimen as they care for it, bake with it, and subdivide it for other people to use. The natural yeast in my environment is spread through this traditional domestic practice, and slowly mixes and is overtaken by the bacteria in each of its new homes, creating microscopic ecologies that track the history of each sample.

Catalog Contributors

Kitchen Historian: to provide a historical basis for the custom of sourdough cultivation and gifting

Microbiologist: to explain the metabolic processes that create the sourdough, and the differences that exist between cultures based on regions

Slow Food Activist: to give an overview of the movement and how it's affecting our cultural perception of food sourcing

Naturist or Evolutionary Scientist: to provide insight into biological dispersion or the movement of species through space

Baker or gardener: to comment on the daily rituals of breakmaking/growing.

Will Lakey - Week five - Catalogue Entry

The Killing Jar Series by Beth Dow. An Exhibition

Scholarship Appreciation install 001.JPG

Cecropia and Cicada

(Introduction to the Catalogue text was written by the guest curator, Prof. Antag Onising. A forensic entomologist and psychologist from the Natural History Museum and Research Institute Senckenberg, Frankfurt am Main, Germany.)

It has been my pleasure to curate this first exhibition of the complete works of The Killing Jar Series by Beth Dow. These have been one of my favourite modern art projects to follow over the years and so I had no trouble accepting the invitation to curate this show. Forensic entomology is still a young science in Germany and so the opportunity to raise its profile by association with the contemporary art scene I could not miss.

First I would like to talk a little about my curatorial decisions. I was given many suggestions by the resident curators about possible arrangements to consider, however after looking at the work I decided that the only valid way to present the work would be in alphabetical order by Latin name. This met some resistance from the staff at the gallery but I consider this an obvious arrangement. As they walk through the exhibition the poetic onward march of the Latin will draw the viewer forward and anchor the images in their natural order.

Now I would like to talk about the main text that has been prepared for the exhibition catalogue. After doing some research on the field of potential contributors that included pest control experts, psychiatrists, special effects puppeteers from the B-movie genre, botanical photographers (natural history), and crime scene investigators, it was my pleasure to invite two highly respected and interesting people currently practising in the world of art appreciation.

Terry Feidman has been an art critic for the New York Thursday Evening Post for fifteen years and his contribution to the debate on art has been described as a "solid example of art criticism". Terry struck me as ideal for contributing to this essay because he has a clinical phobia of insects. I felt his unique perspective and art experience would present the perfect counterpoint to our second contributor.

'Buggy' Leidenschaft has been a leading commentator and collector of Dow's work for a number of years and is considered a leading authority on the The Killing Jar Series. He is also the creator of insectfetish.com and speaks publicly on the subject of entomophillia.

Terry and Buggy were brought to the gallery and asked to focus on two works, Cecropia and Cicada. They were then presented with a series of conversation prompts to which they were asked to respond and converse, their conversation being recorded. The complete transcript intended to comprises the catalogue essay.

Some unexpected difficulty was experienced during the recording. Initially it was difficult to convince Terry to come close enough to the artwork for his voice to be picked up on the one microphone we were using. He relaxed after he was provided with dark glasses, a strong drink, and a refill on his prescription of Xanax. The conversation then progressed very interestingly for several hours until, after a short bathroom and coffee break, Buggy was discovered in the bathroom in a compromising position with Cicada in his possession. After he was forcibly separated from the photograph it became evident that it would be impossible to continue the conversation.

I do not consider this experiment to have been a failure however as the conversation that was captured and the transcripts that were subsequently produced offer a fascinating range of contrasting perspectives and opinions. Perspectives and opinions that can only offer the public that attends the exhibition a full spectrum of possible readings that will fully legitimise any and all responses to the work.

Thank you for reading this catalogue and enjoy the exhibition.

Josh, Week 5, Catalog Entries: Reflexive

I propose that I contact a factory with an assembly line. I would like to perhaps send each piece of art down the assembly line and allow the employees to examine each item as if they were working the line (I would pay them time and a half of course for this after hours activity). I would then maybe send down a survey about their experience with the art pieces.
If this was not possible, I would have them usher into an exhibition space and in a very orderly fashion circulate the space examining the pieces. They would each spend ten minutes at each piece. I would then give them all 10 minutes immediately following their viewing of the last piece in their ordered sequence to write down what they thought of it.

I think this mirrors my interest in repetition with some pazazz. I enjoy the redundancy of this process, which is perhaps reminiscent of a group of museum goers silently working their way through the galleries.

Mara: Week 5 Catalog Entry

She is undone.
She has been unearthed and in this elaborate ritual allays her secret
...humming
Slowly opening
To devoir and drag her down perilous through ambushed air
She edges with wary breath sideways into the still sultry earth
And at this gray precipice, emptied space glowed like heavens,
Incandescent

Duvra_11smaller.jpg
In the sweet memory of distant echoes, 2011

I am writing in the perspective of a poet/ artist. Specifically with Jen Bervin in mind. Bervin creates artists books with poems and drawn imagery. Bervin creates erasure poems utilizing text of other poets and novelists and omits words creating different associations and layers of meaning within the context of the work. I created my own erasure poem from Sylvia Plath poems.

Lorena, Week 5: Catalog entry

test.jpg

ENFP Personality:

(Result from an online Myers-Briggs personality test based on Carl Jung's theory of personality types. www.personalitypage.com)

As an ENFP, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is internal, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit in with your personal value system.
ENFPs are warm, enthusiastic people, typically very bright and full of potential. They live in the world of possibilities, and can become very passionate and excited about things. Their enthusiasm lends them the ability to inspire and motivate others, more so than we see in other types. They can talk their way in or out of anything. They love life, seeing it as a special gift, and strive to make the most out of it.

ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. They are good at most things which interest them. Project-oriented, they may go through several different careers during their lifetime. To onlookers, the ENFP may seem directionless and without purpose, but ENFPs are actually quite consistent, in that they have a strong sense of values which they live with throughout their lives. Everything that they do must be in line with their values. An ENFP needs to feel that they are living their lives as their true Self, walking in step with what they believe is right. They see meaning in everything, and are on a continuous quest to adapt their lives and values to achieve inner peace. They're constantly aware and somewhat fearful of losing touch with themselves. Since emotional excitement is usually an important part of the ENFP's life, and because they are focused on keeping "centered", the ENFP is usually an intense individual, with highly evolved values
.
An ENFP needs to focus on following through with their projects. This can be a problem area for some of these individuals. Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values. ENFPs who remain centered will usually be quite successful at their endeavors. Others may fall into the habit of dropping a project when they become excited about a new possibility, and thus they never achieve the great accomplishments which they are capable of achieving.
Most ENFPs have great people skills. They are genuinely warm and interested in people, and place great importance on their inter-personal relationships. ENFPs almost always have a strong need to be liked. Sometimes, especially at a younger age, an ENFP will tend to be "gushy" and insincere, and generally "overdo" in an effort to win acceptance. However, once an ENFP has learned to balance their need to be true to themselves with their need for acceptance, they excel at bringing out the best in others, and are typically well-liked. They have an exceptional ability to intuitively understand a person after a very short period of time, and use their intuition and flexibility to relate to others on their own level.
Because ENFPs live in the world of exciting possibilities, the details of everyday life are seen as trivial drudgery. They place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivous to these types of concerns. When they do have to perform these tasks, they do not enjoy themselves. This is a challenging area of life for most ENFPs, and can be frustrating for ENFP's family members.

An ENFP who has "gone wrong" may be quite manipulative - and very good it. The gift of gab which they are blessed with makes it naturally easy for them to get what they want. Most ENFPs will not abuse their abilities, because that would not jive with their value systems.
ENFPs sometimes make serious errors in judgment. They have an amazing ability to intuitively perceive the truth about a person or situation, but when they apply judgment to their perception, they may jump to the wrong conclusions.
ENFPs who have not learned to follow through may have a difficult time remaining happy in marital relationships. Always seeing the possibilities of what could be, they may become bored with what actually is. The strong sense of values will keep many ENFPs dedicated to their relationships. However, ENFPs like a little excitement in their lives, and are best matched with individuals who are comfortable with change and new experiences.
Having an ENFP parent can be a fun-filled experience, but may be stressful at times for children with strong Sensing or Judging tendancies. Such children may see the ENFP parent as inconsistent and difficult to understand, as the children are pulled along in the whirlwind life of the ENFP. Sometimes the ENFP will want to be their child's best friend, and at other times they will play the parental authoritarian. But ENFPs are always consistent in their value systems, which they will impress on their children above all else, along with a basic joy of living.

ENFPs are basically happy people. They may become unhappy when they are confined to strict schedules or mundane tasks. Consequently, ENFPs work best in situations where they have a lot of flexibility, and where they can work with people and ideas. Many go into business for themselves. They have the ability to be quite productive with little supervision, as long as they are excited about what they're doing.
Because they are so alert and sensitive, constantly scanning their environments, ENFPs often suffer from muscle tension. They have a strong need to be independent, and resist being controlled or labelled. They need to maintain control over themselves, but they do not believe in controlling others. Their dislike of dependence and suppression extends to others as well as to themselves.

ENFPs are charming, ingenuous, risk-taking, sensitive, people-oriented individuals with capabilities ranging across a broad spectrum. They have many gifts which they will use to fulfill themselves and those near them, if they are able to remain centered and master the ability of following through.

ENFP Relationships

ENFPs take their relationships very seriously, but also approach them with a childlike enthusiasm and energy. They seek and demand authenticity and depth in their personal relationships, and will put forth a lot of effort into making things work out. They are warm, considerate, affirming, nurturing, and highly invested in the health of the relationship. They have excellent interpersonal skills, and are able to inspire and motivate others to be the best that they can be. Energetic and effervescent, the ENFP is sometimes smothering in their enthusiasm, but are generally highly valued for their genuine warmth and high ideals.

ENFP Strengths

Most ENFPs will exhibit the following strengths with regards to relationships issues:
Good communication skills
Very perceptive about people's thought and motives
Motivational, inspirational; bring out the best in others
Warmly affectionate and affirming
Fun to be with - lively sense of humor, dramatic, energetic, optimistic
Strive for "win-win" situations
Driven to meet other's needs
Usually loyal and dedicated

ENFP Weaknesses

Most ENFPs will exhibit the following weaknesses with regards to relationship issues:
Tendency to be smothering
Their enthusiasm may lead them to be unrealistic
Uninterested in dealing with "mundane" matters such as cleaning, paying bills, etc.
Hold onto bad relationships long after they've turned bad
Extreme dislike of conflict
Extreme dislike of criticism
Don't pay attention to their own needs
Constant quest for the perfect relationship may make them change relationships frequently
May become bored easily
Have difficulty scolding or punishing others

ENFPs as Lovers

"To love means to open ourselves to the negative as well as the positive - to grief, sorrow, and disappointment as well as to joy, fulfillment, and an intensity of consciousness we did not know was possible before." -- Rollo May
ENFPs make warm, considerate, passionate partners who are generally willing, eager, and able to do whatever it takes to make The Relationship a positive place to be. They are enthusiastic, idealistic, focused on other people's feelings, and very flexible. These attributes combine to make them especially interested in positive personal relationships, and also makes them very able to promote strong relationships in fun and creative ways. ENFPs take their commitments very seriously, and are generally deeply loyal and faithful to their partners.
There are a couple of difficult relationship areas for the ENFP. The first problem is that many ENFPs have a problem leaving bad relationships. They tend to internalize any problems and take them on their own shoulders, believing that the success or failure of the relationship is their own responsibility. As perfectionists, they don't like to admit defeat, and will stick with bad situations long after they should have left. When they do leave the relationship, they will believe that the failure was their fault, and that there was surely something they could have done to save the relationship.

On the entirely other end of the spectrum, many ENFPs have a difficult time staying focused and following things through to completion. If they have not focused on their ability to follow through, they may have problems staying in dedicated, monogamous relationships. They are so in tune with all of the exciting possibilities of what could be, that they will always fantasize about a greener pasture out there somewhere. If they are not paired with a partner who enjoys new experiences, or who shares their idealistic enthusiasm, the ENFP may become bored. The ENFP who is bored and who is not focused will be very unhappy, and will eventually "leave" the relationship if the problem is not addressed. Since relationships are central to the ENFP's life they will be very "hands on" and involved with their intimate relationships. They may be in the habit of constantly asking their partner how they're doing, what they're feeling, etc. This behavior may be a bit smothering, but it also supports a strong awareness of the health (or illness) of the relationship.

Sexually, The ENFP is creative, perfectionistic, playful and affectionate. Their rich fantasy world makes them fun and creative lovers, who usually have new ideas up their sleeves. They whole-heartedly embrace the opportunity for closeness with their mates, believing sexual intimacy to be a positive, fun way to express how much you love each other.
The ENFP needs to be given positive assurance and affirmation. More than one ENFP has been known to "go fishing" for compliments. They like to hear from their significant others that they are loved and valued, and are willing and eager to return the favor. They enjoy lavishing love and affection on their mates, and are creative and energetic in their efforts to please. The ENFP gets a lot of their personal satisfaction from observing the happiness of others, and so is generally determined to please and serve their partners.

A problem area for ENFPs in relationships is their dislike of conflict and sensitivity to criticism. They are perfectionists who believe that any form of criticism is a stab at their character, which is very difficult for them to take. Conflict situations are sources of extreme stress to the ENFP. They have a tendency to brush issues under the rug rather than confront them head-on, if there is likely to be a conflict. They are also prone to "give in" easily in conflict situations, just to end the conflict. They might agree to something which goes against their values just to end the uncomfortable situation. In such cases, the problem is extended and will return at a later time. The ENFP needs to realize that conflict situations are not the end of the world. They are entirely normal, and can be quite helpful for the growth of a relationship. They also need to work on taking criticism for what it is, rather than blowing up any negative comment into an indictment against their entire character.

Generally, the ENFP is a warm and affirming creature who is very interested and able to have an intense, meaningful, close relationship with their mate.
Although two well-developed individuals of any type can enjoy a healthy relationship, ENFP's natural partner is the INTJ, or the INFJ. ENFP's dominant function of Extraverted Intuition is best matched with a partner whose dominant function is Introverted Intuition. How did we arrive at this?

ENFPs as Parents

"You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth...
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable." -- Kahlil Gibran
ENFPs take their parenting role very seriously, but are also very playful. There's a bit of grown-up kid in every ENFP, so they get a lot of fun and enjoyment from playing with their children. However, they consider it essential to pass their strongly-held values and beliefs down to their children, and will strive consistently to create a positive, ideal environment for their children's growth.

The ENFP may exhibit an inconsistency in their roles with their children. At one moment, they might be their child's best friend, laughing and whooping it up, and in the next moment they may appear the stern authoritarian. This inconsistency seems to be a result of a conflict between the ENFP's genuine desire to relate to their children on the children's level, and their compulsion to follow their deeply-felt value system. In other words, the ENFP wants to be their child's friend, but if a value is violated, they will revert to the parental role to make sure their children understand the violation. This inconsistency may be confusing and frustrating for the children.

The children of ENFPs generally feel loved, because the ENFP gives their children plenty of genuine warmth and support. They usually value their children as individuals, allowing them room for growth. The ENFP's enthusiasm and affection may at times seem smothering to their children. This will be especially true for children with strong Thinking or Sensing preferences, who will have a difficult time understanding the effervescence of the ENFP, and will feel at times embarassed by the ENFP's enthusiasm and tendency to display their affection publicly.

The ENFP is able to take care of day-to-day necessities, such as picking children up at the correct times, getting them to softball practice, getting them fed, etc. However, it is a chore for the ENFP and is not a natural strength. The ENFP also has a difficult time disciplining their children, unless a very strongly-held value has been violated.
The rich imagination and creativity of the ENFP parent creates a fun, dynamic and exciting environment for kids. The ENFP's strong value system turns experiences into meaningful lessons for their children. The ENFP parent is valued by their children for their warm, affirming natures, and their fun-loving approach to living.

ENFPs as Friends

ENFPs are warm and sociable people who are keenly in tune with other people's feelings and perspectives. They are energetic and fun to be with. They are very affirming, and get great satisfaction from supporting and lifting up others. They are idealists who seek authenticity in their personal relationships. ENFPs are valued by their peers and confidantes as warm, supportive, giving people.

In the workplace or other casual relationship environments, the ENFP is likely to get along well with almost all other types of people. ENFPs are genuinely interested in people, and are highly perceptive about them, to the point where they're able to understand and relate to all of the personality types with relative ease. They like to see the best in others, and are likely to bring out the best in others. While they are generally accepting of most all people, ENFPs with strong Feeling preferences may have a difficult time understanding people with very strong Thinking preferences who do not respond to the ENFP's enthusiastic warmth. The ENFP will stay open-minded about what they consider a "rejection" by the Thinker, until the situation has repeated itself a few times, in which case the ENFP may shut themselves entirely against the Thinker.

ENFPs may also feel threatened by individuals with strong Judging preferences. With a tendency to take any criticism personally, the ENFP may find themselves irritated or emotional when the Judger expresses a negative opinion, believing somehow that the Judger is expressing disapproval or disappointment in the ENFP.
For close friendships, ENFPs are especially drawn to other iNtuitive Feeling types, and to other Extraverts who are also enthusiastic about life. Like the other iNtuitive Feeling types, the ENFP needs authenticity and depth in their close relationships. They're likely to have friends from all walks of life who they feel close to and care about, but will have only a few very close friends with similar ideals to their own. The ENFP also tends to value the company of iNtuitive Thinkers.

Careers for ENFP Personality Types

Whether you're a young adult trying to find your place in the world, or a not-so-young adult trying to find out if you're moving along the right path, it's important to understand yourself and the personality traits which will impact your likeliness to succeed or fail at various careers. It's equally important to understand what is really important to you. When armed with an understanding of your strengths and weaknesses, and an awareness of what you truly value, you are in an excellent position to pick a career which you will find rewarding.
ENFPs generally have the following traits:
Project-oriented
Bright and capable
Warmly, genuinely interested in people; great people skills
Extremely intuitive and perceptive about people
Able to relate to people on their own level
Service-oriented; likely to put the needs of others above their own
Future-oriented
Dislike performing routine tasks
Need approval and appreciation from others
Cooperative and friendly
Creative and energetic
Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
Natural leaders, but do not like to control people
Resist being controlled by others
Can work logically and rationally - use their intuition to understand the goal and work backwards towards it
Usually able to grasp difficult concepts and theories
ENFPs are lucky in that they're good a quite a lot of different things. An ENFP can generally achieve a good degree of success at anything which has interested them. However, ENFPs get bored rather easily and are not naturally good at following things through to completion. Accordingly, they should avoid jobs which require performing a lot of detailed, routine-oriented tasks. They will do best in professions which allow them to creatively generate new ideas and deal closely with people. They will not be happy in positions which are confining and regimented.

The following list of professions is built on our impressions of careers which would be especially suitable for an ENFP. It is meant to be a starting place, rather than an exhaustive list. There are no guarantees that any or all of the careers listed here would be appropriate for you, or that your best career match is among those listed.
Possible Career Paths for the ENFP:

Consultant
   Psychologist
   Entrepreneur
   Actor
   Teacher
    Counselor
    Politician / Diplomat
    Writer / Journalist
    Television Reporter
    Computer Programmer / Systems Analyst
    Scientist
    Engineer
    Artist

Candice Methe- Catalog Entry of Candice Methe week 5

It's a whale of a plate! Your grandmother's china with a twist. Candice Methe's whale platter invoking days of old with its floral decals and her tattered table cloth pattern. Black clay as a modern alternative to boring old porcelain. Stop by St. Vincents's Bazaar this Saturday for screaming deals! 2 for 1 bras and underpants before 9 am!

candice whale.jpg

Beth, week 5: catalog entry

Lexie,
Still at Sissinghurst. zzzzzzzz. They call it Sissinghurst Castle, but seriously, where's the castle part? Some writer lived here and they said something about Virginia Woolf who we learned about last semester, remember? I wasn't really listening. Tomorrow we finallyfinallyfinally get to go up to London to see some play at a theee-ah-tuh. Looks lame, though. BTW I'm pretending to work on my essay so I might have to stop quickly, and this will have to be short because we have to meet in the oast house in a minute. That's the thing I told you about that kind of looks like a windmill and has something to do with beer. I kept saying oats but that biotch told me I was wrong. Anyway, this other lady came up to me and asked if I would write about what we've been doing here on this study abroad trip. She heard that we were learning about the garden and writing about what we see. Mike said it was ok and that I could do it instead of writing a poem about Sissinghurst, or else I could do both and he'd give me extra credit. Well I'm not doing a stupid poem, right?

The lady wanted to know how an American high school student liked this place and stuff, but then she showed me a kinda creepy picture that I'm supposed to think about as I write. It's some old lady standing in the White Garden here at Sissinghurst. Seriously, I told you about that part, and in this pic it isn't even white! There are like no flowers in it and this old chick is just staring at something. It looks like she's trying to figure out how to get through a maze but everything is so short she could just step over it. And it's black and white! Freelz! Who shoots a picture of a garden in black and white? Check it out here.

This lady said if what I write is good she'll include it in the thingy they're printing to go with some exhibition. It's kinda funny cuz I've been here for only like 6 days, I really don't know what's going on, and something I write might be printed! I feel all official.

LMFAO! Zach and Justin stripped and peed into the canal this morning - they looked just like statues! Caitlin took pics - she said she'll put them up on FB. Hope they're not banned. Ooh Zach. Totes adorbs, right? My laptop is screwed so I hope you get this cuz I dropped my bag when I tripped yesterday. These sidewalk things that go all over the place are bumpy and I wore my fab orange platforms. Duh. I don't know why they don't just make these smooth like normal sidewalks. They could be sued! I swear this country is so OLD.

Did you see Caitlin's pic of the kittens yesterday? Presh! That was over at the oast house. Gotta go. I'll be back in the 612 next week already! It's going so fast!

Hugs,
Kylie

DOW.jpg

Beth Dow, The White Garden, Sissinghurst (from In the Garden)