Sansa TakeTV 8 GB Video Player
This is the new technology I'm interested in.
We don't subscribe to cable or satellite television, for many reasons.
1. I think cable is way too expensive. To get the channels of interest, we would need to buy the premium channel packages. So about $60 for probably 10 channels we are interested in.
2. I only want a few channels. I can't wait until you can purchase channels a la carte.
3. I don't want to be sucked into the TV
So instead, I like the idea of watching shows that I download from the internet (and yes, sometimes pay for). Due to my limited interest in shows, it would be cheaper than cable. The one downfall is watching the shows on your laptop. It always seemed to much of a hassle to get the shows viewable on my TV. Until now.
Enter the Sansa TakeTV 8 GB Video Player. According to their website:
The Sansa TakeTV system provides an easy and convenient way to enjoy video files from a PC on any TV. With 8 GB* of built-in flash memory, the Sansa TakeTV player is as simple to use as a USB flash drive.
To enjoy robust video file playback on a TV screen:
1. Connect the TakeTV player to your PC via USB.
2. Drag your video files onto the device.
3. Slip it into the provided TakeTV cradle, which connects to your TV.
4. Press Play on the included remote, and enjoy!
I've added it to my wish list.