Meet your junior and senior counterparts!

Take a minute to 'meet' the students who will be responding to your questions. Their information is posted below. Please feel free to post your questions in the form of 'comments' to any post at any time. Please feel free to also comment on any of the information provided - we welcome your feedback because thos blog should WORK FOR YOU!
In addition to answering your valuable questions, these fine folks below (and some other great students along the way) will be sharing information about ways to get involved, things going on in CLA and at the U and milestones throughout your first year that you should be expecting.

Your student 'experts':
Cassie Eveans
Senior - Child Psych Major
evean002@umn.edu

Lauren Ericson
erics061@umn.edu
Junior
Hometown: Rockford, IL
Major: Advertising
Favorite Hangouts: Boardertown! It's the best coffee shop ever!
Interests: volleyball, being involved at the U, Gopher games, fashion marketing, ADFAB
I wish I had known that it's okay to get involved and then change your activities after your first year...just get involved. Everyone wants to meet people just as much as you do so put yourself out there!

Allison Hugill
hugil002@umn.edu
Senior
Hometown: Cottage Grove, WI
Major(s): Journalism & French
Favorite Hangouts: Blarney's & Overflow Cafe
What I wish I would have known as Freshman: I wish I would have joined a FIG and wish I had known about scheduler. com!

Alex Fink
finkx082@umn.edu
Senior
Hometown: Plymouth, MN
Major(s): Philosophy & Cultural Studies and Comparative Literature
Minor: Leadership
Favorite Hangout: Seward Cafe
Interests: Education, Social Justice, People, Conversations/Stories, Philosophy, Psychology
A thing or two I wish I knew my first year: (1) Talking to your professors really rocks and (2) Don't be afraid to follow your nose, heart, soul, whatever--whatever seems interesting to you, find a way to do it and the rest will work itself out.

Now you can always hear from us!

If you would like to be updated when entries are made to this blog, check out the information provided below!

About Feeds:

Many websites have links labeled "XML" or "RSS" or "Atom". All of these are ways of saying that you can find out about updates to that site without having to visit the site in your web browser.

This feature is referred to as "syndication" or "aggregation". Sometimes it's just called subscribing. And these days, instead of one of these words, lots of sites will use a little orange button. The standard one looks like a small 'volume' symbol. It's also common to see buttons that say "RSS" or "XML", which looks like this: XML

All these links and buttons mean the same thing: The site you're viewing has a feed available.

If you would like to subscribe to this blog, simply click on the link below where it says 'subscribe to this blog's feed'. If you have any questions, you can email Shannon Schans at schan097@umn.edu!

You have questions - We have answers

Welcome to the CLA class of 2012 blog! My name is Shannon Schans and I am the Freshmen Sophomore Program Coordinator in CLA. I work closely with 4 TAs who are also CLA junior and senior students. Together, we hope to provide you with valuable information about programming, registration, exams and anything else that you may need anlong the way. In addition, this blog should be a place where you can ask questions - anything from the most basic to the most in depth! We are here for you and want to make sure that we serve as a resource.
Stay tuned as this blog begins!