Wrap up!

I really enjoyed this series. It made me think about and discover technology that I really had not used or didn't even know about. Sometimes these new things are rather scary when we first have to use them, but you made the assingments simple enough and easy to use so that I could just play around with them.

I liked the to do list tool and have used that as reminders to myself. I have also used some of the photo tools which were really neat. I think that even though I may not use all of the tools, just have the knowledge of what they are and some of their uses will help me in the future.

I also have enjoyed the blogging. I had never been interested in it before, but I have found some very interesting subjects out there in Web land and found some useful optionions and information.

I would certainly be interested in more enrichment courses like this one if they are available in the future - great job, you have a very nice style of teaching!

Wrap up!

Oops - missed a session - podcasts

Somehow I missed posting on the podcast session, so went back and reviewed it. Found some very interesting podcast, some on financial advise, christianity, even a podcast all about dogs for animal lovers. I keep being amazed at all of the information out their. I decided to subscribe to a podcast o my home computer so when I am doing my computer work at home, I will have some intersting things to listen to.

Web Conferencing

Wow, I got it set up and it was easier than I thought it would be. I downloaded a powerpoint presentatioin on Osteoporosis. I can see where this is very useful and cost effective. With milage and gas so high, I think we will see more Web Conferencing!

Week 9 - almost caught up - twittering

As far as IMing, I need to get that set up with my kids and a couple of friends. Would be a useful tool and seems easy enough to use. Even my 75 year old dad has an account.

Never heard of twitter, so asked my two college kids. Neither of them knew much about it. As I read about twitttering, I felt rather that we have lost something in the art of personal comunication - probably showing my age here.

Not sure I would use the twitter tool with work, it seems like there is no lack of things to do and not enough time already than to try to keep up with a twitter account. It's been a busy week!!!!!!!

Week 8 - social networking

This lesson gave me a neat idea. I have a group of students that I teach nutrtion education to that are in a special ed setting. They are all high functioning and we do things in the classroom on the smart board. I think that I would be able to set up a network with them and could give them added fun projects to do and we could exchange ideas and comments. I think they would have a fun time with it.

Going to face book was a new experience. My college kids talk about it a lot, but I always thought of it as a place to just meet friends and keep up with their lives. Hadn't thought of it as a learning place, but it sure could be!

lesson 7 - productivity

Great tools - I like the idea of being able to download files and then be able to look at them and work from them from another computor. I do use the UMCal occasionally. I logged in to most of the options in this lesson after work tonight. Had trouble with a couple of them not opening for me. The Picnik site kept giving me problems. Later I tried again and got onto the site. I liked all the tools for editing pictures and then being able to send them to different place.

Week 6 - Wikis

I realy didn't know what a wiki was before today. I was amazed to see all the inforamtion out there by so many people. The Peace Corp Wiki was so interesting. I clicked on most of teheoptions that were listed in the lesson. Wow, one could lost out there in the Web. Not enough time to explore it all. I can see so many uses for wikis for many agencies. A great way to share experiences, knowledge, research, chalanges, etc.

September 29, 08 - Images and video

In the past, I have shared photos but not video through a Web site. Found this useful and am going to try out the video sharing.
On the flicker site, I actually got some ideas for a display that I am making - Thanks!

Lesson 3 - RSS

Got the aggregator set up - used Bloglines - very easy. Since I work with nutrition, I added some recipe feeds. Looked through feeds and I think I found something to make for supper toight! I can see where this can be useful to get inforamtion that is applicable to what you work with or your favorite activities - whatever. Kinda looking forward to what is posted tomorrow on my Bloglines.

Starting Class

Well, I tried starting this course a few times now and each time got interupted. I am going to have to try to fit it in here and there. I am excited to learn some new things about using the Internet. I know there is a lot of opportunities out there and a lot of great information. Got to get started now!