YouTube Upload System Active

I got the wrestling videos upload system to connect direction into Youtube's API, its pretty slick, give it a try. It requests YouTube's permission to directly connect to a user's account and then upload's directly to it- viola, video sharing on the cheap (free).

The next step will be to tie this system into the front end of both the teeth whitening and colored contacts test sites (neither sells a product, so don't try to buy one- you can't!). These sites will test the video's ability to upload and operate in a life-like ecommerce situation.

If you would like to play around with the youtube code, just let me know :)

jQuery - a couple neat items

I started working on table sorting for my rankings system and stumbled upon a very cool table sorter. Tablesorter is a jQuery plugin for turning a standard HTML table with THEAD and TBODY tags into a sortable table without page refreshes. Tablesorter can successfully parse and sort many types of data including linked data in a cell.

I've also used a similar system, on Minnesota Connect, High School, and NCAA Wrestling to manage the rankings of each category.

Then you can check out Load while scrolling. When we are scrolling down a webpage, the code recognizes that you are at the bottom and auto-loads new content. It helps increasing the initial load speeds of pages faster and users will have to load only the content they see.

Blip.tv API video upload integration

I was running through the blip.tv API information and came across a pretty cool site that uses jQuery and the Blip.tv API to facilitate remote uploading to the Blip.tv Video sharing.

What is really impressive is that this uses about 17 lines of code to run- phenomenal! I tested it out with the user base within the videos section of Wrestling Talk and now will make it a permanent fixture within that community.