Les Musees en France

First of all, there should be an accent in Musees, but I don't remember how to make it on the computer when I'm not using Microsoft Word.

Today I visited Historial de la Vendee (again, Vendee needs an accent). It is a very interesting museum about a war that started after Kind Louis XVI died. There are a bunch of different mini museums within this museum. There is a prehistory section that deals with tons of little tools and bones archaelogists dug up. There is an antiquity section for the Gallic and Gallo-Roman history. The medieval millenary section shows off religious relics from - guess when - the medieval period. The modern times section displays artifacts from when brave men sailed for the New World. There is a section for the War of Vendee. Of course this is where everything they have from/about this particular war is displayed. The 19th and the first 20th centuries section deals with how Vendee became what it is today after the war. And the dawn of the 3rd millennium is a section that was closed off during my visit.

There is also a small children's museum within this museum. I walked through it and it shows kids all kinds of things about farm animals and the products that come from farm animals. Here they could milk a cow (obviously not a real one), search the tiny kitchen for items that came from different animals, and even learn what each animal eats. There were games, activities and bright colors around every corner. Definetly a cool place to go for children.

This page contains a single entry by schm2010 published on June 20, 2010 11:21 AM.

J'arrive en France was the previous entry in this blog.

Fete de Musique is the next entry in this blog.