Paris avec ma mere

My mother has finally arrived in France! After many adventures trying to get to the airport to meet her, we are together in our first hotel in Paris.

We walk everywhere we go, so our feet and legs are pretty tired at the end of the day. So far, we have seen Notre-Dame, The Louvre, Jardin des Plantes, Jardin des Tuleries, Musee d'Orsay, Place de la Republique, Place de la Bastille, Centre Pompidou, a few random small museums for my project and caught our first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower. (This is all in two days.)

It would take way too long to tell about everything I've seen, so as I put pictures on here, I will explain a bit about each one.

100_0610.gif

Here is the front of the Notre-Dame. As impressive as it is from the outside, it is even better on the inside. It is FREE to get in (this still surprises me) and the views are breath-taking.

IMG_1640.gif

The back of Notre-Dame

IMG_1715.gif

The altar inside Notre-Dame

100_0640.gif

It was complete luck that we found Shakespeare & Company. I had seen a girl in Notre-Dame with a bag with their name on it and I was going to ask her where it was, but then I caught sight of a wonderful statue and forgot. Shakespeare & Company is an AMAZING little library/bookstore. The old man that runs the place lets people stay there for free if they are studying literature. They have free reign over all the books and can use any and all of them for their research. It is an amazing place with an amazing story.

IMG_1881.gif

The Place de la Bastille. Bastille Day is the French Independence Day. It is on July 14...unfortunately I will miss it.

IMG_1898.gif

Just one of MANY MANY pictures I have of Le Louvre. We saw the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, and tons of other pieces of art.

IMG_1985.gif

Our first sight of the Eiffel Tower from the Jardin des Tuleries (just outside Le Louvre).

Wow, Stacey - I am green with envy! I am so glad you figured out how to upload pictures - looks like a fabulous trip! Can't wait to hear more about it in the fall. Be sure to have a Nutella and banana crepe for me!

This page contains a single entry by schm2010 published on July 7, 2010 1:00 PM.

Photos!! et ma mere arrive bientot was the previous entry in this blog.

Plus de Paris! is the next entry in this blog.